Chapter 7 [TWINS] - Finn the Twin and Jake the Human

''Alright, you ready for this?''

Jake gave his brother a critical look.
Finn sighed.

''Ready as I'll ever be, I guess.''

They stood at the entrance of the smallish cafeteria of their new college. The place looked kinda nice, all in all.
Pretty well kept and modern - lots of glass, lots of fairly elegant steel fixtures, intersperesed with tastefully chosen colors and a huge number of well-tended pottet-plants.

Still didn't change the fact that it was also small, noisy and over-crowded.

''Well, hopefully this will be the last time we have to do this crap. Now that Vince and Boobs finally got their asses from underneath their mommies table and agreed to flatshare like the adults they pretend to be, there'll be no more of this we're-moving-across-country-because-I-say-so bs from dad, so we might actually get to stay to finish this thing they call 'education'.''

''Lol, don't let Bria hear you call her that. And don't be all pretentious-like. Last I remember things were plenty .. educational at Fairwood.''

''Aaah'', Jake sighed appreciatively. ''Extra-curricular activities with Jamie and Carrol will always hold a special place in my heart.''

''And in your wank bank too, I bet. They sure have a place of honor in mine''
Jake laughed, and Finn grinned, relieved.
Things between him and his twin had been.. awkward of late.
Ever since.. The Incident.

Finn was actually sort of looking forward to the easy and practised routine of going through the whole ''Your parents really named you that?!''-spiel.
After all that uncomfortable weirdness that had come between them, Finn almost craved the familiarity of the act they were about to go through, jokes and lines repeated so often, that between the two, they had become funny again, in an 'you-idiots-are-the-ones-we're-making-fun-of' inside-joke way.
They'd be a perfect unit once more, milking the 'jesting-twins' stereotype for all it was worth, and establish themselves as the cool, funny guys.
Finn had always kinda liked that role, although it didn't really come naturally to him, and of course, after doing it for most of their lives, it had grown rather old on the both of them.

But, over the years they had found that it was the easiest way to keep the jokes and jibes about their names friendly and inclusive, instead of malicious, and quickly made them popular, despite being 'the new guys'.
Sadly however, it also encouraged people to forget that they were not, in fact, the same person, but had, like, individual characters - which sucked.

Of course, their newly made friends usually got there by themselves eventually, but by then, it had usually been time to pack up their shit once again and move somewhere else, because their Dad was too much of a pussy to admit that he was the problem, not the people or places he was at.
The week before they had finally moved out, Jake and Finn had confronted their father with a comprehensive list of the symptoms of manic depression, and a second one that detailed his usual behaviour.
Of course it had been a near perfect match, but still the old bone-head wouldn't hear of it, and had actually gotten angry, saying he wouldn't be called ''insane'' in his own home, by his own sons.

They eventually just called their Mom and explained the situation.

She had been somewhat exasperated, saying that she had divorced the man so that she could finally STOP having to act as his caretaker and psychiatrist, but had promised to do what she could the next time the two of them got together for coffee.

They hadn't brought the issue up again, but the last time they had been at their Da's, Jake had spotted some cheap paperback called something like
''The President, Your Neighbour and Their Dog - Why Depression is More Common than You Think'',
which was a good start, and an amazing consession on their fathers part, considering he was somewhat old-fashioned and the epitome of pig-headedness.

Mom must have worked some serious magic to make that happen, but then, moms always miraculously got shit done, didn't they.

Jake interrupted his brothers thoughts.

'' 5 bucks says they're gonna ask you if you're hiding your lush blond curls under that 'Fro''
Finn grinned.
''I see your blond curls and raise you an 'at least the dog is black'!''
Jake laughted.
''Done! I'll double the offer if they do the whole thing.''
He screwed up his voice.
''Jake's not black~'', he mimicked, ''his fur is like dark yellow or something~''
Finn joined in
''Ya, man but dude he's like, totally supposed to be a black bro, bro''
''No, he's not, he's, like, a DOG, dude~''
''See man, proves the point, dude bro, man''
Then they chimed in together:

''EeeeeeEEEeeeh~ isn't that like, totally raciiist~ ?''

Turning to his brother, and raising one eyebrow seductively, Jake finished up with:
''Only if you say it, cream-puff.''

They burst out laughing.

''Cream-puff?!'' Finn snorted.
''I though I was the gay guy in this relationship, yet you constantly keep out-gaying me, man.
It must have been a sad, sad day for all lovers of stereotypes when they made you straight'',
Finn exclaimed, secretly slightly anxious about bringing something up, that got so.. dangerously close to The Incident.

''I don't see why I have to fancy hairy balls, just because I happen to be a little flamboyant.'', Jake sniffed in mock indignation.
He wanted to say more, but afraid to even hint at .. the unspeakable, he didn't.

''Anyhow, let's get this done''
''Let's do it''. Finn agreed.

They nodded to each other, reciting the old familiar ''battle-cry''.

''What time is it?''

''ADVENTURE-TIME!''

They fist-bumped, then went inside.

=========================================
___________________________________________

Psst! If you liked the chapter, don't forget to let me know! ;)
I'd love a vote or a comment.

Hated the chapter?
Click the little angry star of complain- alright, alright.. ;D

I'd actually appreciate your feedback especially if you didn't like the chapter, as it might help me improve, so don't hesitate to drop me a line!
(I'm one of those rare creatures that can stand crticism ;3)

If you write yourself, you'll know that we all basically live on feedback, so type away!

FEED ME!

=========================================

____________________________________________