Menacingly

Two weeks.

Toby and I had been in Paris for two whole weeks. Most of my time I had spent worrying as the messages had began to get worse as time progressed.

There were threats, my deepest- darkest secrets were shared and for Toby to be finding out in the way that he was hardly helped.

At the moment he was on the floor doing push- ups while trying to get his thoughts all figured out.

I know he says that he could never be mad at me but I'm positive that he truly was angry with me.

The connection you have with Wren is amazing, too bad you can't have him. - Blocked

That was the last text he had seen before deciding it was best for him to not read them at all.

I had received that message only yesterday morning when Toby had taken me to the doctor because of my ankle once again.

He had to excuse himself to answer a very important call about work and while he was gone Dr. Kingston or as this anonymous calls him- Wren had began telling me what was wrong with my ankle, occasionally adding in a few jokes.

Adding on as a bonus, the moment Toby had re- entered the room was the exact moment the laughing had died down.

Getting off of the bed I walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind myself and took a seat on the floor to continue my thinking.

I had always found the bathroom to be the most peaceful place to think, usually while I'm showering.

I felt completely frustrated with the situation. This person had obviously followed us here and obviously something was wanted.

There were times where I wanted to text back or even call asking but the feeling of not wanting to make anything worse- worse than it had become to another level.

A knock on the door broke me out of my thoughts and I jumped a little, quickly getting off of the floor, adjusting my white- floral- romper.

Opening the door Toby stepped in with a towel around his neck. His hard- chiseled chest glistened with sweat and his breathing was rough.

Pulling out one of his ear buds he edges his head towards the left. "I'm going to take a quick shower than there is something we have to do before we leave." he informed me, narrowing his eyes a little.

I nodded.

"It's fine," I mumbled moving out of his way. "Do you mind if I go explore?"
"Stay on this floor, keep your phone with you- GPS on, don't talk to anyone, and stay out of trouble." he says sternly, placing his phone on the counter.

Without responding I made my way to the door only to be stopped once again.
"Don't talk to anyone." he repeated in a more serious tone.

"I understand." I finally respond, exiting the room. I felt a bit upset at the feeling of being treated as if I was a child.

As unbelievable as it sounds, this was the first time I had ever been treated as if I was just some child.

Pulling my phone out as I received a text that read: Turn your GPS on. - Toby

I obediently did it then began exploring. I hadn't gotten around to it. I had been to the elevators and back these past few days.

I had finally got a chance to take in the sight of everything. The main color was gold and a beautiful shade of white or Grey was added to go along with the sequence.

There was no telling how long I had been wondering around. The sight was something that I would love to look at for hours.

A gasp erupted causing my attention and I turned around to see a feminine shape wearing a red coat running in the opposite direction.

Out of curiosity, which wasnt entirely out of character I had ran after her hoping to figure something out.

She turned a corner and just then I knew that I wouldn't be bald to figure out this mystery. Two unsolved mysteries.

I practically limped the rest of the way to the room. Once I had entered Toby was out of the shower, on the phone.

I grabbed my ice pack out of the mini fridge then sat down on the edge of the bed placing the ice pack over the place where my bruise once was.

"My assistant will look into it as soon as possible. . . I'll give you a call when it's all done." Toby hung up the phone turning to face me at last.

Of course the ice pack was the first thing that caught his eyes then he looked up to me.
"Do you need to see Dr. Kingston again?" he asked me.

I shook my head. "It's fine," quickly thinking of something to change the subject. "What do I need to do?" I asked motioning to the phone.

"Other industries weren't happy about me canceling the party and it's very important so I had scheduled it for tomorrow night which means there's a document that I really need you to look in," he explained. "It's a new project that my father and I have been working on for a while."

I frowned. "I don't want to be the one to mess it up- it sounds very important." I admitted.
"What's wrong with messing up?" he asked. "Everyone messes up."

"If I mess up it would look like I did it on purpose to sabotage your business." I exclaimed, unintentionally brushing a hand through my hair.

"Babe I'm sure that, that rumor has died down so you need to just calm down and stay focused on the assignment considering I hadn't given you much to do."

I frowned at realization. "Why is that exactly?" I asked him. Turning to face me he sighed. "Momentarily I did worry about you messing up with some assignments and the rumors would had been affirmed if you did," he admitted. "I'm still a little worried because I didn't say that the rumor has stopped; it died down."

I nodded in understanding but shook my head in rejection. "I can't do it, someone's personally out to get me for some unknown reason and I don't know what to do, secretly I'm just scared leaving without you."

He cocked an eyebrow sitting down beside me. "Why would you leave if you were scared?" he asked. This was a good question but I was prepared.

"I just thought you needed some time to yourself-" he cut me off.
"Why do you keep thinking that I will be mad at you?" he asked. "I'm not mad at you."

His voice was promising, soft,and calming. It wasnt like what I had said was a lie, I had only spoken the truth.

The truth felt empty. It was probably due to the fact that I hadn't said everything. I didn't just leave and come back.

The girl wearing the red coat whose face is un- revealed was kept between me, myself and I. Although it was suspicious I wouldn't let the thought of my tormentor get me to believe that, that shy girl was it.

"Spencer?" Toby asked breaking me out of my thoughts. I glanced up at him confusingly. "How is your ankle doing now?" he asked.

I stood up from the bed, pushing down onto my ankle bur not to hard. When no pain had come my way I replied,"I'm fine."

He grabbed my hand and I looked down watching as our fingers intertwined together.

Whatever we had was clearly special to the both of us. I just sat back and watched as the relationship grew larger and larger.

Moments- our moments to be exact, were moments I had never wanted to give up.

But then there was an incomplete feeling. I felt as if there was a part of me missing that I needed with me.

I was determined to find it.