Chapter Nine.

If it works the photo is of Becky.

Morgan and Wolf lay in his bed, she was nestled against his side with his chin resting on top of her head. He dropped a kiss on her forehead and continued to stroke her arm.

"Do you think Zeke is going to be able to hold out a few more days?" She asked softly.

"I hope so, Ty and Becky were pretty shaken up when they came back yesterday."

"Becky hasn't left her room since they got back and Ty has been hitting the drinks pretty hard."

It had been five days since Becky and Ty returned from seeing Zeke. Ty immediately hitting the alcohol and spending his days drunk or passed out. Becky had tucked herself into her room and hadn't came out for anything but coffee and energy drinks.

"I know and I haven't seen Demon in awhile." Wolf said.

"Iris has been asking where Zeke is, I don't know what to tell her."

Wolf sighed, it upset him to think that the little girl was having a hard time dealing with all the changes.

"Tell her he'll be back and not to worry."

"She's been asking about Lacy and Demon too," Morgan turned to look up at him.

"I know it's hard, I wish I could tell you how to help her."

"She's only six, it's hard to explain it to her."

"I know."

Morgan fell silent and rested her head against his chest, Iris was sleeping peacefully in the room across the hall. She had adjusted to staying at the club the past few weeks and sleeping in a new room, she was now sleeping by herself.

"Do you think there's any chance we're wrong about Lacy?" She asked.

"I wish there was but it doesn't look like it."

"Why would she do that? To the club, to Demon?"

"I don't know, she told Demon she's in love with King."

"I don't believe that," Morgan said.

He shrugged but didn't reply and she fell silent as well, moments like this it was easy to forget about the war between the clubs. It was almost as if they were a normal couple, in love and happy.

"I love you," He said softly.

"I love you too."

"Do you think Demon will kill Lacy, if you ask him too?"

"I don't know, I hope I won't have too."

"I hope so too."

She rolled to glance at the clock beside the bed but he kept his arms around her. Kissing her shoulder. She sighed heavily seeing the later hour, it was nearly midnight.

"I should go over with Iris," She said.

"Is she having nightmares again?"

"No, but I know she's upset. I hate to leave her alone."

"You can bring her over with us, I don't mind."

She smiled up at him, running her fingers through his blonde hair. Pulling his head down so she could give him a slow kiss. When he pulled away he kissed the end of her nose.

"How did I ever get so lucky?" She asked softly.

"Trust me, I'm the lucky one. I don't know what I'd be if I didn't have you and Iris to look out for."