Chapter Four.

By the time Demon got back to the motel Lacy was gone, he wasn't surprised that she hadn't stuck around. More than likely she had watched him leave to meet Wolf and made her escape then, he was more pissed then worried about it. He would always be able to find her, that wasn't the issue. The problem was that he had no idea what in the hell he was going to do once he caught her or how he would ever get her to answer his questions.

It was starting to get dark and he didn't even know when the last time was he'd ate something, some sleep and a shower couldn't hurt either. He could pick up her trail tomorrow, she obviously wasn't planning on leaving town altogether or she'd have done so by now.

He headed towards a small local bar that the club frequented. He liked the silence and the atmosphere, he liked that he could blend in at the bar and just be alone with his thoughts. A cold beer and a hot burger is what he needed.

He walked into the bar and took a seat near the door, he ordered his burger and beer. The bartender hurried to comply and he flipped open his phone, studying the buttons that he knew so well. The number that he dialed the most was evident by the worn buttons. What the hell?

He dialed her number, knowing she probably wouldn't answer. It rang a few times then went straight to voicemail, he took a deep breath and paused before he spoke.

"Lacy, it's me. I don't know what's going on, but if you'd just talk to me. I just want to know what happened. Call me, don't make me come find you."

He hung up and tossed his phone down onto the bar, picking up his beer and taking a long slow drink. For the first time in as long as he'd known her, he couldn't figure our what Lacy was thinking.

A red head slid onto the stool next to him, crossing her legs in her too-short skirt. She flipped her hair and looked at him with sultry eyes, he glanced at her but barely took notice.

"Having a fight with you girlfriend?" She asked.

"No."

"That's what it sounded like to me."

"It's rude to eavesdrop."

"I can make you forget all about her," She offered, placing a hand on his thigh.

"No, thanks."

"I promise I'm worth every penny," She said leaning closer.

"I'm sure you are, but I'll pass."

She shrugged, her silky red hair slipping off her shoulder. She slid from the stool and sauntered across the room, looking for someone else to take her home.

His food came but when it arrived he realized he wasn't as hungry as he thought he was. He picked at a few french fries, replaying the past few days in his mind.

The one thing that he kept coming back to, the one part that replayed in his head the most was that Lacy was too good to make so many mistakes.

He had spent years training her not only on how to track someone, but also how to run if she had to and yet he had no problem tracking her down. Other than him and Zeke, she was the best shot in the club yet every time she fired at him she missed by a mere inch or two. She had knocked him out but left him unharmed.

Whatever Lacy was doing, whatever was going on one thing was clear to him. She wanted him to find her and she didn't want to kill him.

He forced himself to eat half of the cheeseburger, he needed to eat something. Once he had ate he realized how tired he really was, his muscles and bones felt almost liquidess, his head foggy.