Chapter Two.

Picture if it works is of Lacy.

"She didn't say anything?" Morgan asked Demon.

"No, she just grabbed that damned frying pan and hit me with it."

He was sitting at the bar, head resting on his arm and Morgan holding an ice pack to the back of his still bleeding skull.

"So, where do you think she is now?" Morgan asked.

"She's probably with King, in their compound or where ever he is." Wolf said from his other side.

"I found her once, I can do it again."

"If it's too hard on you...."Wolf started.

"It isn't, I'll find her and next time I won't let down my guard."

He stood up, maybe a little too quick because everything spun but he managed to keep his feet. He stormed out the building angry that his fellow members had to see him like that, if they thought he couldn't do this they might send someone else and he didn't want that.

She only had one place to go now, back with King. Damned if Demon knew where King was but he had to try, and he'd start by checking all their favorite bars.

The first bar he stopped to was lucky 7's, they often went there for dinner and drinks. Neither of them were very good cooks and the bar was located between their apartments.

He approached the bartender who was an older gentleman who always knew Lacy and Demon when they walked in the door.

"Hey, Have you seen Lacy?"

"Not today, did you two get separated on a job?"

"Not exactly."

"Well you're welcome to stick around, maybe she'll wander in."

"I doubt it," He said.

He turned and headed for the door, he really shouldn't be surprised. Lacy was smart and he had trained her himself, she would know not to return to any of their old haunts. One place she did have to go there rather she wanted to or not was the pet store. She'd have to get cat food and there was only one store in the city that sold the special formula her cat had to have.

He parked his bike across the street and watched the building, she had to come here eventually and once she did it was just a matter of following her back to where she was hiding.

He didn't have to wait long about three hours after he arrived and just a few minutes before the pet shop closed her car pulled up out front. She hurried into the shop without a single glance behind her, even if she had the darkness concealed him from the naked eye.

She came out a few minutes later, hauling a large bag of cat food. Judging by the size of the bag she wasn't planning on coming back for awhile. She set the bag in the passenger seat and glanced over her shoulder, pausing for a minute.

He held his breath, did she see him? Did she sense he was there watching her? She couldn't he was parked in the darkness and was far enough away he couldn't even see her face.

She hesitated a minute longer before walking to the other side of her car and opening the door, she slid in behind the wheel and started her car with a roar.

She took off down the street and he hurried to follow, anyone else would think she was trying to lose him, that she knew he was there. They would be wrong, Lacy had always drove like someone was chasing her, like hell itself was waiting to swallow her up and the Devil waiting to dance.