Chapter 5 ( Edited )

Maria's POV

I sat there in front of my house admiring my pack. It took three years to complete it. 587 werecats including me. Everybody was outside, the kids chasing each other in there cute baby cat forms and the adults cooking,watching the kids or talking with each other.I sighed and sat down I was exhausted from all the pack work. Our pack might not be known to most werewolves but it doesn't mean I don't have to do work and help pack members with there problems.

"You okay babe?"Logan asked me. I opened my eyes to see Logan's worried face.

"Yeah just tired."I said. He picked me up and sat me on his lap.

"You should get some sleep you look exhausted."He said. I sighed and snuggled into his side he may not be my mate but I love him.

"I'm fine"I said sitting up.I looked at him and kissed passionately on the lips. He tried to deepen the kiss but I pulled back before he could.

"There's children out here"I whisper. He pouted like a five year old boy who just gotten his candy taken away from him. I gave him a quick peck on this lips before phasing into my cheetah/tiger and running into the woods. I thought about my old pack and my mate. I wondered how long it took them to noticed that we were gone or if they cared....  

I went to a little lake and sat down by the edge. It was cold here but after a while you got used to it. I could hear the fish jumping in and out of the water and the stream flowing smoothly down the lake.I could feel my eyes getting heavy. I looked around and made sure no rogues or humans were around before closing my eyes.

I woke up with a headache. I let out a loud yawn and looked around. It was dark but I could see perfectly fine. I was still at the lake and I could feel my headache growing.

"Someones trying to contact you!" My cat said.

"Oh" was all I said before I let the person in.

"Hey babe are you okay?! Where are you? You have been gone for like 5 hours!" Said Logan. I just smiled.

"I'm fine I fell asleep that's all" I said before getting up.

"Oh okay but I have some news...." Logan said trailing off.

"What?" I said.

"Some people were running the perimeter when they smelt werewolves." he said. I growled.

"Are they sure it just wasn't regular wolves." I said.

"Positive"he said.I growled. I didn't like people invading my territory and I wanted them off but I didn't want our kind to be exposed.

"Alright tell everybody to makesure if they smell or see anything to tell Nina or me" I said.

"Yeah I will" he said before I cut him off. I ran back to my house. It was a big house since I was an alpha. It looked like a giant cabin but on the inside it was more advanced. I went to my bed room and shifted. I could feel my bone cracking but it didn't hurt it felt normal unlike the my first time. I went the shower and washed all the dirt off of my hair and body. Once I got out I threw on some cloths ( external Link) and went downstairs only to be greeted by Nina and her boyfriend sucking each others faces on MY couch....

Her house