19. My Halloween Outfit is Revenge

Yay I have a date.
Now the worst part is to buy a costume.
But I have it all planned.

My Halloween costume is Revenge!

Get ready Cara and Fort. Miss Revenge is coming for you both.

Revenge is not my style. If it was then by now Cara would be bald and hanging from the yard tree.

Not that I am going to do that now but jealousy is the worst form of revenge.

Thinking about going with Ryan gives me jitters. I wonder why Fort didn't do anything about it.
I dont think love is his department .

The next day was finally Saturday. A weekend. I can go out shopping for my dress.

Normally people dress up in various wierd characters.

But in high school people go for sluty.

My aim was to irritate Fort.
I devilishly smiled inside.

" What are you smiling for" Fort asked all at once.

I jumped slightly and straightened my hair. I quietly grabbed my purse and went for the door.

" Where are you going"

" To buy a dress for the Dance. Duh!"

" So you are adamant to go with Ryan?" He asked gritting his teeth

" Let's see...... Oh look the answer turns out to be YES! " I snapped

" You are trying to make me jealous Arn't you "

"And are you getting jealous?"

" Of course not!"

" So I am not trying either" I slammed the door shut and walked out.

It was tiring to walk all the way to Manhattan from here. But not having a car I was quite used to it.

I casually walked around enjoying the morning breeze. I liked observing the people busy on their phone ,couples on date and friends hanging out laughing like nothing s wrong. Well in their life probably it was true.

Being with Fort for all these weeks I realized one thing that I have strong feelings for Fort, Just didnt know wether they are negative or positive.

A beeping sound bought me to reality. I turned around to see a black car honking.

Ryan's car.

He rolled down the window.

" Flo? Where you going?"

" Oh um.. Just going to get a dress for Halloween. " I said awkwardly shuffling my feet.

" I can drop you.. If you don't mind and maybe we can.. Grab a coffee.." he asked biting his lip.

Coffee. He thinks he can mend it up with just a coffee?

But then a part of me still loved him and missed him. I didnt want to be hurt by him again but he is the closest thing to friend I have in my life.

" Um... I Guess that will be nice"
I got into the car.

He drove silently. I tapped my feet trying to avoid a conversation .

" Are you still mad at me." he asked rigidly

I looked at him and sighed.

" You surely dont expect me not too."

" I dont. But I am really really sorry. I thought I could live without you. I thought it was like all other relation I-i have been in. But Since you left I am umable to pass a day without thinking about you or about the mistake I made by letting you go."