BONUS: Peeta's POV

"(Y/N)..."

As I took off from the metal plate, away from the Cornucopia, and into the woods ahead, her name was all I could think of. The girl who I hurt. The girl who would never forgive me no matter how many times I ask for her forgiveness. At the entrance to the wooded area, I glanced back, but only briefly, my eyes flitting to find her. Then I saw her. She shot an arrow through the chest of another tribute while on the ground, and then took off after a few other people--the Careers.

I should have known. This is what I get for her not forgiving me?! For me to be completely alone now and try to survive on my own?

"I know you want to go home to Katniss. I get that. I won't have anything left if I win, anyway. You'd be gone by then."

"ARGH!" I screamed suddenly, clutching at my hair with my fingers and feeling the urge to just yank all my hair out. I should have known that she lied to me. I should have known that she would team up with the Careers. I should have known that she'll never ever forgive me for hurting her a second time. I wounded her, and she doesn't want me to tend to her wounds.

I quickly sprinted further into the woods, trying my best to banish (Y/N) and the things I said to hurt her from my mind. It was too much. It has been haunting me to a point right now where I felt scared and angry and regretful. And I hated it. How much I wish to turn time back and just apologize to her right after the interview. But what's past is past, what's said is said. Her voice would never fade from my mind. It was haunting. 

After a bit, I felt my heart tear itself apart from running for way too long, and I stopped to catch my breath. Slowly, I turned around to look behind me, to check if anyone was on my tail. Luckily, there was no one there. 

I turned back now and began to walk all the way back to the Cornucopia. I know Haymitch told me to get out of there the minute the gong sounded, but I really can't just leave with nothing. As I exited the woods again, convinced that anyone still alive wouldn't be on my tail, I gaped at the large amount of bodies laying there on the grass, just steps away from the mouth of the Cornucopia. How could this be? How long has the fight even lasted? 

Slowly, gingerly, I made my way around the bodies of the several tributes who laid there, eyes open and empty as they gazed off into space. I spotted a few more weapons that could come in handy--a knife, a long piece of rope, a sleeping bag, and a box of matches. Typical weapons I saw in the training centre. 

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turned around in fright to see another boy--another tribute. District 3, I think.

"Will you clear out?!" he hissed suddenly through gritted teeth.

"Why?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Just do as I say if you don't want to get killed," he said vaguely, raising a small stone in his hand.

Immediately, I got my things, grabbed a random black backpack, and ran off, leaving the tributes and the rest of the supplies alone. What is District 3 going to do with this stuff, anyway? 

I re-entered the woods again and rested near the stump of a big tree, panting and wheezing. Quickly, I packed everything into the bag and then started off again after a bit of rest, walking at a slower pace than usual. At least no one is on my trail, right?

Suddenly, there came a flash of red hair flying right under my nose, and I whipped my head to the right to see the girl from District 5 run past me in fright. I stared after her in confusion. Why wouldn't she kill me if she knew I was there?

Oh right. She was scared of the others. 

Slowly, steadily, I headed over to the river just a few feet away. Remembering Haymitch's advice to me and (Y/N), I quickly got myself some water and filled up my water bottle that I found in my backpack. Intrigued, I emptied out the rest of my pack and found a lot of packs of food. Dried beef jerky, dried fruit, a small loaf of bread, packs of crackers. I'll have to do some berry picking and find edible plants, maybe, if I was to keep going in the arena.