okay let's clear this up a bit

Hey. It's the author here again.

Let's be clear about something. When I first published this story as a novice writer more than 5 years ago, I had no idea what I was doing. I was in no way a seasoned fanfiction writer. All I had was a wild imagination, and inner thoughts prodding me to get these ideas onto the screen. And no, I didn't anticipate the story to get as big as it did today. 718,000 reads and counting, over 17,000 votes, and maybe more than just a handful of comments full of reactions and some personal messages to me--well, I'm humbled. Truly, thank you for somehow coming across this story and reading it and enjoying/critiquing it.

That's the thing, though. I was only a novice writer. So sure, my tenses were inconsistent, my grammar must have been pretty bad, I might have ignored certain parts about Panem and the way it's run, etc. etc. But I've grown from that since then, with a fuller understanding of writing mechanics and how writing fanfiction actually works, and still am.

Looking back on this now, I have to say this isn't a great example of what I can do now--probably just a snapshot of the author I was back then, but not a full representation of the author I am today. Even if I don't really write on this site anymore, I can assure all of you that I have grown a lot since this book was first published.

Will I get around to revising this book again? I'm not sure. Maybe I will, maybe I won't? Maybe there will be a better version of this story that will be rewritten in the near future? Regardless of what I plan to do with it, take this story as something that I've written long ago that I was once so happy with now that it was on the screen, as a treasure I was once fond of.

I can't guarantee I'll address everyone's concerns with this book, but whatever the case is, I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as the author from more than 5 years ago did writing it.

-fromthehallows