CHAPTER FOUR

Sleepy eyes fluttered open to a white ceiling. A small part of him wanted to see it covered in blood-

Wait-blood?!

"It must be Neah." Allen whispered to himself; his voice hoarse from his previous screaming. Taking a deep breath, the teen sat up slowly on the bed he found himself on and looked around at his surroundings.

The room he was currently occupying was white and black-a sense of irony fell upon him at this realization-with only a few pieces of furniture the spacious room. The bed, a dresser, and a full-length mirror was all that was given to the...prisoner? Was that the proper term?

The-former-exorcist focused on the oddly placed mirror and carefully made his way over.

What he saw made him freeze.

His once pale skin was replaced with an ashen grey while seven stigma decorated his forehead. The white of his hair and the red of his scar clashed brilliantly with his new skin tone. But his eyes-they were the most abnormal thing about his transformation. They still held their silver color but held gold flecks within them that just shone like miniature suns in orbit.

Those orbs shifted down to his body-ignoring the change of clothes someone had placed on him while he was out-and stayed on his arm.

Would his Innocence still work?

The moment he thought this, Crown Clown activated on its own and wrapped around the Brit, as if to reassure him that it was still here and wasn't leaving anytime soon.

A sigh of relief.

Although, one thing to catch his attention was the lack of the creepy shadow he's unwillingly gotten used to appearing behind his reflection.

What happened to Neah?

Weren't they just talking?

He found that his uncle's absence suddenly didn't matter as his stomach growled loudly. Deactivating his Innocence, Allen walked over to the door and cautiously opened it; mildly surprised to find it unlocked and unguarded.

Checking to make sure the coast was clear, he exited the room and began his journey to find food.

What he failed to notice was the moving shadow behind him.