Chapter 17

Aiah's POV

Honestly, I don't find it fair that the monster Governor Sevilleja died the way he did. Like seriously? Heart attack? Tsk pathetic.

Well, wala namang bago. This world has never been fair.

But that doesn't mean I will inflict the punishment to Stacey just because of what her father did.

Nawalan din ako ng ama, and I knew exactly how she felt right now. Kahit na sabihin na nating her father is one of my mortal enemies.

With that in mind, I finally snapped back into reality.

I didn't come here for Mikha but for Stacey and that's where my priorities lies right now.

So, I took a step back. Away from Mikha, holding myself together against her irresistible presence.

"Stacey needs us. I lost my father too and I may not know exactly how she is hurting right now but I want to be there for her Mikha." I sincerely told her and went into Stacey's room where I found her asleep.

..

Mikha's POV

She's still the same old Ate Aiah we've all met since highschool, the same Ate Aiah we all fell in love with.

I think it's almost impossible to hate her and that's the problem because if ever this gets deeper, there's no turning back.

She's like the ex girlfriend that you will never get over with.

Hinintay nyang magising si Stacey saka nya kinausap. I stood peaking at the door as she sat there intently listening to Stacey's cries and rants.

I wish I could do the same. I wish I could be as influencial and compassionate as Aiah. I could've been a better girlfriend to Stacey back then. I could've given her more time to sort things out. I could've fight for us by helping her out of her shell instead of pressuring her to come out on her own.

I don't mean to compare but what I had with Stacey is nothing like what I have with Aiah.

Aiah gives me peace, love and hope even as friends.

I've never met someone who's sure of herself as Aiah.

AFTER DINNER

Sinusubukan na ngayong aliwin temporarily ng girls si Stacey while I stood by the rooftop appreciating the beautiful night lights, night noices and night cold winds.

Inhale exhale

When,

"Stacey is stronger than I thought."

Napalingon ako and yeah, it's Aiah.

"What are you doing here all alone?." Tanong pa niya.

"Is she okay?." I sincerely asked her, referring to Stacey's state.

"She told me everything, I think she is." Sabi niya sabay tayo sa side ko.

"By everything you meant---"

"That includes you Mikha, what you two had. And how scared she was." Sabi niya.

"Yes, she really is scared of how her parents would react." Sabi ko.

"No Mikha, she was scared of losing you forever." Aiah sincerely said.

DEAFENING SILENCE

"I know I'm not in the right position to say this but she requested me to bridge the gap between you two. She said she knew her father is capable of both creation and destruction.

She can either be proud or ashamed of it and what scares her is the fact that he will definitely destroy you the moment he finds out about your relationship the same way he destorys his political rivals.

The knowledge that her father was behind your father's corrupt allegations keeps her up at night. She was ashamed of her own father, she was ashamed of being related to him.

She was ashamed of the fact that she had betrayed the love of her life by keeping this truth from her all this time. Your father was a good man Mikha." Aiah explained.

"If she's trying to get back with me--"

"She's not. Mikha, she's setting you free." Sabi niya pero nagulat nalang ako nang bigla nalang syang naiyak but it doesn't like she's specifically sad at the moment. In fact, she's showing multiple emotions all at once.

..

Aiah's POV

I was so used to using manipulation and deceit that finally telling the truth for the benefit of others somehow overwhelms me.

But then Mikha opens her arms and gave me the warmest embrace I've had in a very long time.

We decided to sit by the bench as we looked and admired the sky full of stars.

"Kindly sing me that song you sang at the camp." I politely requested.

"Why?."

"My heart was pounding so hard and loud upon seeing you, I temporarily turned deaf." Sabi ko.

It wasn't a lie. Aside from the fact that I recently just murdered Jasmine Henry that night out of the fear that's she's going to steal Mikha from me, nothing else makes my heart pound so hard and loud; just murder and Mikha.

But I promised myself that Stacey's father will be my last kill, but he didn't die as planned so, what now?

Mikha started singing the song but it was different this time, this feels more calm and peaceful. It almost feels like..

like

like

like

Home

like having my parents by my side again.

I don't know but I suddenly felt like wanting to close the gap between us,

closer

closer

closer

She suddenly stopped singing when the tip of our noses are practically touching.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"I honestly don't know, do you?." I asked her as my gaze slowly landed on her soft and sweet looking lips that I was unusually familiar with, it's as if I've felt and tasted them before.

She slightly moved her head away saying,

"I think this would be the time I must remind you that you have a boyfriend."

SILENCE

"You know I've always had my eyes on you since highschool. I mean, who wouldn't? You were every gay girl's secret gay awakening during that time. Was that the reason why you kept hanging around me? Because you knew and felt sorry for me?." Sabi pa ni Mikha.

"I didn't know you liked me that way. But then we got close and even if I didn't have a boyfriend, I still wouldn't dare cross that path." Sabi ko.

"Why not?."

"I'm scared of ruining the bond we've built. In fact, I badly want to kiss you right now b-but I-I just can't for it will only ruin our friendship." I honestly told her.

But then Mikha was like,

"Sirain mo please."