(𝟏𝟓) 𝐬𝐡𝐞

omniscient pov

serenity became silent. she looked at tahj with confusion in her cocoa brown eyes. 

"w-what.." she paused. "um, i mean i like you but-... marriage isn't..-"

"GOT YOU," tahj then bursts out into laughter.

serenitys face then became hot. she was overtaken with nervousness. she was shocked that he even did that in the first place.

"i'm so sorry, i just had a question to ask and that was a funny way to introduce it." he says as he makes a fake sad face.

"hm?"

"my mom is having a rehearsal dinner tonight for the renewing of her vows. at first, i wasn't going to bring anyone, but then you came into the picture. and my mom loves you, trust me. so i was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" he asks.

"ugh, don't do that tahj. you scared the shit out of me." serenity says still trying to calm herself down.

"yea i'm sorry, i didn't think that through at all." 

"but i will go with you. i just wished you asked before so i would've had time to get a dress." she says half smiling.

ding dong 

tahj smiles as serenity looks at him confused. jovani starts to fuss from the sudden noise. for some reason, he really didn't like doorbells. 

"right on time," tahj says. "go answer the door ma."

serenity nods and gets up. she unlocks the door and open it. a smile took over her face until it immediately changed.

in serenity's view was a bouquet of withered flowers. she was hesitant to pick it up, hoping it wasn't another prank from tahj.

"everything okay?" he asks as he walks over to her. he looks at her and then meets her gaze towards the flowers.

"oh.. that's not mines..?" he picks it up and sees a note.

"in your eyes, i see a reflection of my deepest desires, and in your smile, i find the warmth of your soul. that, that right there is the reason why i can't stand you serenity. i want to wipe all these things away from your life. it's only a matter of time before your little fantasy becomes a nightmare. and i'll make sure of it."

-ms

tahj then looked at serenity to see her face overcome with horror. she truly truly now knew the depth of the situation her life has wounded up in. 

"ms..?" tahj pauses. "cmon, let mi get you in di house." he walks her to the couch and then goes back to the door to lock it.

" i know this is scary mama, but do you know who ms is or could think of?" 

"i-i i-i... i don't know. maybe um.. uh... maybe it's marcus? his full name is marcus smith. ms could stand for that?" serenity says as she was overcome with fear.

"i don't know why he wants to hurt me... i gave him an out."

"an out?" tahj asks.

"he didn't want the baby but i did. so i told him he didn't have to take care of it... that i would handle the baby. he wanted an abortion but i didn't. and i think that's what made him mad. which was weird because he was with other women doing God knows what." 

she pauses.

"after a while, he just ghosted me. and i honestly didn't care. i was free from his manipulation. i then moved on and took care of my child." she explains to tahj.

"well... that is a story to unwrap.." 

he then grabs serenity into his embrace. her tears started to flow as she held him tight. it felt like the world was crashing down around her. 

"i know, i know... it's going to be okay. imma make sure he will never hurt you." tahj says with determination in his voice.

"never." 

5/16/24

-sorry for the short chapter, i had to get a filler out while the creative juices were flowing ఌꨄ❦