(𝟏𝟎) 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲

omniscient pov

POW POW POW

yet another kill under tahj's belt. he made sure the target was dead, then left his hiding place. unlike usual, tahj drove himself. he didn't feel like conversation with his long-term friend.

as he drove, he came up with a plan to buy serenity some flowers and chocolate. he didn't know what kind of flowers she like, so he just free balled it. he ended up with some tulips and hersey's.

the hit man eventually made it to his forest-ridden home. as he pulls up, a car comes down the road from his house.

"weird." he mumbles to himself. 

 he pulled up and parked in his driveway. he grabbed his flowers and candy and walked in.

as for serenity, she was still stuck on her earlier get together. she loved how well it went. she could see something with armani. 

tahj looked around for serenity. he went upstairs and knocked on her door.

"come in," she says lightly.

he opens the door and extends his hands out so she could see her gifts. serenity turns around to see the dread head with a smile on his face and gifts in his hands.

"awww tahj," she pauses as she walks up to him. "oh my God, this is so sweet. i literally love tulips so much. and of course i love me some chocolate!"

he smiles, "i'm glad. it took mi like twenty minutes to find the right one for you. you've just been under pressure and mi felt like you needed a pick me up."

serenity is taken aback by his sympathy. it has been a while since she had gotten a gift for herself. her dad used to all the time until he passed. 

her eyes fill with tears, "t-thank you tahj. i really appreciate this."

he notices her tears as she tries to hold them back. he puts the stuff down and wraps her into a hug. she eventually wrapped her arms around him to.

he waited a minute before he asked his questions. "what's wrong ma? who got you acting like dis?"

"more of who isn't, anymore." she replies.

"what you mean?"

she sighs, "my biological dad used to buy me gifts all the time, until he passed. that's when i met marcus. when we first started dating, he used to spoil me. but at one point, something changed. i don't know what happened," she pauses. 

"my step dad is sweet tho. we eventually became close and he's become a fatherly figure in my life."

tahj felt for her. he couldn't exactly relate but he felt her pain. he lost his grandmother as well.

"i can't say i relate, but i can feel your pain. i lost my grandmother a while back. she was like the best person i ever met. we used to do everything together."

serenity looks up at him, "oh tahj, i'm so sorry. and i thank you for your comfort."

"and i thank you for yours to mama." he says.

serenity wipes her face and takes a deep breath, "alright i think that's enough crying for today." she says as they both laugh in agreement.

tahj looks down at his watch, 7.45 p.m. 

"you want something to eat?" he asked thinking about ordering pizza.

"omg yessss, i'm starving. i'm low key feeling pizza right now" she says while rubbing stomach. 

"pizza it is," he replies while dialing the number of the nearby restaurant.

------

they both laugh at the comedy movie playing on the tv.

"now he know he wrong fo' that," tahj says while still laughing.

"RIGHT!" serenity says while holding her stomach for the laughter.

just then, the movie ends and the credits roll. tahj gets up to throw their trash away while serenity turn off the tv. 

tahj come back around and sees serenity cleaning up. he sneaks up behind her and jumpscare her. 

"STOP! you scared me!" she says as they both laugh.

the laughter eventually stops and the air is filled with a comfortable silence. serenity was still wrapped in tahj's arms. they both stare into each others eyes. tahj leans in toward her lips, but before they could connect, jovani begins to cry.

serenity jumps out his hands, "o-oh um i think i'm going to bed. thanks for all this tahj." she smiles and walks upstairs.

he watches her until she disappears. 

tahj sighs as he rubs his temple. this girl has a hold on him and it looks like it's not going away anytime soon.

4/25/24