96: 𝐶𝑎𝑡-𝑛𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔

Kira had visited her uncle

Kira had visited her uncle. They hadn't talked much, the man was exhausted and hospitalized. Laying in bed with his arms wrapped up. But the nurses told Kira that by the end of the day he'd be able to leave if he wanted.

He mostly just apologized to her. Over and over again for everything. While she was glad he was apologizing, it had gotten a little annoying. He was obviously very sentimental right now. She left him after a few hours.

Kira walked from his room with a sigh. Taking a few moments to herself before she even tried to navigate the hospital on her own.

It had been awhile since she'd been in a hospital, for someone else at least. She had been there for herself not that long ago. But this was different. She couldn't remember the last time she actually visited someone in a place like this. She didn't like it. She pulled on a blue medical mask she found in her uncles room. She didn't want to catch anything, or worse. Be recognized by someone.

She walked down the halls with her hands in her pockets, head down with her usual headphones on. There were so many hurt and sick people here, so many doctors thinking about complicated medical issues. It gave her a headache. She walked through the halls and started to feel a little lost, why'd he have to be so far away from the exits??

She held the mask against her face. Looking anywhere for an elevator or an exit or a map. Maybe even a nurse that wasn't too busy to direct her.

Instead she ended up turning the corner and seeing a familiar guy in a wheelchair. He was beside a water dispenser, thoughts frustrated and embarrassed. Kira looked over and realized why, the dispenser was out of cups, but there was a bag of them on top of a cart thing.
Too high up for the handicapped man to reach. Making him very annoyed and a little mad at himself for being injured.

It had been awhile since Kira had seen Tensei Iida.

She stood there for a second, his back was to her as he got ready to roll away from the dispenser. Giving up.

The first and last time they met, things hadn't gone very well. But that was mostly her fault. She sighed and walked forward, she was actually slightly nervous as she reached up and grabbed the paper cups that the thirsty man had been reaching for. He still hadn't heard her, rolling forward to peek into windows and find nurses that could help him.

Kira filled up the cup and walked over, he was about to give up and find another one when Kira nudged his shoulder. "Here." She said simply. Her voice muffled by her mask as she held up the cup.

He turned to look at her, blinking in surprise. Staring at the cup she was offering him. Then his mind caught up with him and he realized she was giving it to him.
"Oh!" He said, taking the cup. "Thank you." He said with a wide cheery smile.

"Hey I feel like I recognize her... She's not a nurse though... Maybe she's here for PT or a checkup like me? Or just a visitor?"

"No problem." Kira said, taking a step back. She kinda wanted to dip. But she also wanted to ask him where the exit was.