Misunderstanding

At this moment, an old man and a child were sitting in the corner at the entrance of the barbecue restaurant, watching the passers-by. Their clothes were in tatters and their faces were covered in black and gray dust. 

Qibao walked forward and squatted in front of the two, the old man and the child saw that there was a young nobleman squatting in front of them who was not dressed in a vulgar way, the child shrank in the old man's arms with some fear, the old man also tightly protected the child in his arms, and the two pairs of eyes looked at Qibao nervously.

Qibao smiled gently and asked: "Don't be afraid, I don't mean any harm, it's such a hot day, I wonder why the two of you are sitting here?"

"Back... back to this gentleman, we grandfather and granddaughter came here to beg, we haven't eaten for a day." The old man said. 

Qibao heard this and saw that there was a store selling buns not far away, got up and went to buy four meat buns and handed them to the old man and said: "Here you go, eat!"

The old man quickly stood up and thanked her. It took him a long time to stand up. Qibao could also tell that the old man had some inconvenience in his legs and feet.

"Xi'er, thank you sir quickly." The old man took the bun and said to the child beside him.

"Thank you, sir." The child's soft voice sounded. After saying that, she leaned against the old man again, but looked at Qibao with her big eyes.

After Qibao heard the sound, she realized that it was a girl. However, her face was a little dirty and her hair covered most of her face. Qibao thought it was a boy.

Qibao watched the old man hand the bun in his hand to the little girl, but he was reluctant to eat it. The little girl was also sensible, so she took a bun and fed it to the old man.

Qibao asked: "Don't you have any family?"

The old man sighed and said: "The family suffered a disaster, my son had an accident and died, my daughter-in-law also ran away with someone, my wife couldn't take the shock and also left, leaving only us grandfather and granddaughter at home, my legs are not good, and I want to find a job but no one wants me, so I can only take Xie'er with me to beg for food to survive."

Qibao said: "I will arrange work for you. Are you willing to follow me in the future?"

When the old man heard Qibao's words, he was stunned for a while and then said immediately: "Thank you very much, young master, but I can't do much physical work with my legs. My granddaughter is still young and can't do many things. I'm afraid I can only thank you for your kindness."

Qibao said: "It doesn't matter. My family still needs a concierge. Why don't you work as a concierge in my house? Firstly, you can have enough food to eat, and secondly, you can have a place to live."

When the old man heard this, his face was filled with joy, and he asked again: "Young master has no relation with us, so why are you helping us like this? I really can't figure it out."

Qibao replied: "Because I have my eye on this granddaughter of yours and want to......"

Before Qibao could finish speaking...

"No! I don't agree! Don't even think about it! Even if I die, I will never send my granddaughter into the hands of people like you!" The old man looked wary. He didn't expect that the rich young man who seemed like a good guy just now would suddenly target his granddaughter. As expected, this bad guy is good at disguise. He didn't expect that this little young master, who looked so young, could have such dirty thoughts.