The Poor Siblings

The village chief said: "Sir, this is the lotus pond of our village."

Qibao said: "Well, yes, it is indeed pleasing to the eye. This flower blooms really well."

The village chief smiled and said: "Young master must have seen a lot of flowers. This lotus is not a rare species, but this lotus pond has been in our village for some years. The name of our village comes from it, so it has been preserved to this day."

Qibao said: "Village chief, you may not know that this lotus is known as the water gentleman among flowers. It has a very good meaning and is no worse than other flowers."

"So there is such a saying. I haven't read any books, so I really don't know about it!" the village chief said with a smile.

While Qibao was admiring the flowers, she asked about the situation in the village intentionally or unintentionally. The village chief thought she was just asking casually and answered truthfully.

At this moment, a woman's curse sounded: "You damn nemesis, a loser, you can't even wash your clothes. Do I raise you just to eat food? If you can't do this job well, you might as well go with your damn parents. Useless trash!" was accompanied by the sound of slapping.

The village chief's expression changed, he quickly walked around from behind the lotus pond, and shouted: "Stop!"

The woman was startled when she saw the village chief suddenly coming out, then she put on a smile and said: "It turns out to be the village chief! You scared me."

The village chief said angrily: "If I weren't here, I wouldn't be able to see this scene. Qiu Ya is still young. Why did you beat her so badly?"

"Hei! It's not like this girl can't even wash a few pieces of clothes. Village chief, look, these good clothes have such a big hole after being washed. Can I not be angry?" The woman said.

"Wang Dahua! Wang Dahua, Qiu Ya is already poor enough, how much can the two siblings eat? How can you even hit your own niece so hard? Look at Qiu Ya's arms that were beaten by you. There are scratches all over them. Are you worthy of their dead parents? I remember that before Qiu Ya's father died, he gave all the valuable things in the family to your family. The purpose was to let you and your husband help take care of the brother and sister. Why are you so vicious?"

The woman was a little unhappy when she heard this and said: "Qiu Ya is already eight years old, what kind of work wouldn't a girl this old do in a farmhouse? Who hasn't beaten a child? These clothes are my family's Dabao's clothes, when I bought them they were expensive, besides, what my brother-in-law gave us was just those two broken huts, how much can they be worth?"

The village chief's face turned red with anger when he heard this.

Qibao looked at Qiu Ya who was still huddled on the ground. Although she was beaten like that, she did not shed a single tear. Her eyes were just a little red, and she gritted her teeth and looked forbearing. Qibao was about to help her up...

Suddenly, a boy shouted: "Sister!" She saw a teenage boy dropping a bundle of firewood in his hand, and hurriedly ran to Qiu Ya. He lifted her upper body up and leaned against him. When he saw the scars on his sister's body, she didn't say anything no matter how he called her, but looked at him with dark eyes.

The boy's eyes turned red, he raised his head and gritted his teeth, stared at the woman and said: "Auntie, why did you hit my sister again? If anything happens to my sister, I will never let you go!"

The woman was frightened by the boy's appearance for a moment, then she realized what she was doing, rolled up her sleeves, and said: "Okay, you little brat, if you dare to look at me like that, let's see if I don't beat you to death today!" As she said this, she raised the cane in her hand and whipped it at the boy.

"Stop!" Qibao dodged to the woman's side, raised her leg and kicked the woman's leg with all her strength.

"Ouch!" Plop... The woman bent her knees and threw herself towards the ground. Just by hearing the sound, she knew she had fallen hard.

The woman fell to the ground and couldn't get up, moaning and groaning for a long time.

The village chief was dumbfounded, and the brother and sister also looked at Qibao with shocked expressions.

They couldn't understand how a child could kick an adult to the ground and be unable to get up.

Qibao looked at their looks and explained kindly: "I have learned martial arts, so it's normal for me to be stronger."

The village chief was relieved, but the boy looked at Qibao with envy.

The woman groaned for a long time before she recovered from the pain and cursed: "Whose little brat dared to kick me? I'm not someone to be trifled with!" After saying that, she wanted to get up and hit Qibao, but after struggling for a long time, her calves were so painful that she couldn't use any strength.

Qibao came to her, looked at her coldly and said: "Did you just call me a brat? I don't know how troublesome you are. Why don't you show it to me?"

The woman was so stared at by Qibao that she didn't dare to move.

After Qibao had distanced herself from her, the woman's eyes moved up and down and she looked at Qibao from beginning to end. She saw two huge men following him. Judging from their clothes, must be a rich young master from some family.

Knowing that she had offended someone who was not easy to mess with, the woman endured the pain and forced out a fake smile and said: "Young master, you don't look like an ordinary person. I don't seem to be hindering the young master by teaching my children, right?"

Qibao said calmly: "Who said you didn't hinder me? I was enjoying the lotus flowers and was in a good mood, but your beating and scolding affected my mood. Do you think it has nothing to do with you?"

The woman sneered and said: "Since I disturbed the young master's interest, the young master just kicked me and it's even. I will take these two children back."

When the boy heard this, he immediately knelt down towards the village chief and said: "Grandpa Village Chief, my sister and I will be beaten half to death if we go back with my eldest aunt now, and my sister has already been beaten like this, so any further beatings could kill her!" He knew that his great aunt had suffered a loss on that gentleman and would surely return home to take it out on himself and his sister.

When the woman heard this, she became angry and cursed: "You two white-eyed wolves, if I had known that you were so disobedient to me, I would have fed the food I gave you to the dogs, and the dogs would have wagged their tails at me, but instead, you began to attack one another, dirty bastards are always dirty bastards!"

"Shut up! If you are talking so openly, you will never be able to stay in this village!" the village chief shouted angrily.

The woman was so frightened that she shut up and did not dare to say another word.

The village chief softened his tone again and said: "Chun Wa, you and Qiu Ya come to my house first, and I'll ask you, Grandma Jiang, to apply some medicinal wine to Qiu Ya's wound."

"Thank you, village chief. Chun Wa will definitely repay you in the future." The boy said with red eyes.

"Good boy, Grandpa doesn't need you to repay me. You just need to take care of yourself and Qiu Ya from now on."

The village chief stepped forward, picked up Qiu Ya, and took Chun Wa towards his home. He also invited Qibao, who did not refuse and followed him.

Only the woman who was still sitting on the ground was looking at the backs of several people leaving with hateful eyes. She spat and sat for a while before getting up, limping, still calculating in her mind how the siblings should be taught a lesson to relieve her anger when they came back.

The group of people arrived at the village chief's house. Qibao saw that the village chief's house was similar to other houses and very simple. When Xiongda and Xionger entered the house, it became darker.

The village chief placed Qiu Ya on the bamboo chair and said: "There is no one at home. Your Grandma Jiang also went to the fields to help. I will call her back right now."

Qibao said: "Village Chief, don't bother. I have medicine with me. If you don't mind it, try it with my medicine."