Untitled Chapter

"Is this true? Shopkeeper Tong, don't fool me!" The old man was so excited. Is his wine really famous in wealthy circles like Beijing?

"How could I lie to you about such an important matter? Everything I said is true, and my master also wrote a letter. Don't you know it by reading it?" Shopkeeper Tong took out an envelope from his arms.

The old man immediately opened the envelope and began to read it. The more he read, the more surprised he became, and the more delighted he became. After reading it for a while, the wrinkles on his face were almost as big as flies.

Mrs. Wang said anxiously from the side: "Old man, you should tell me what Chenyu said in the letter, I'm so worried."

Only then did the old man tell everyone about the contents of the letter: "Chenyu greeted each and every one of us, he said that he divided the fruit wine into jars. The jars we used to store the wine were not too small. As a result, Chenyu put it in smaller bottles and sold it to others. Unexpectedly, the wine became famous all of a sudden. Just one bottle sold for a hundred taels. This was really a happy event!

When the others heard this, they were all shocked. Mrs. Wang said: "Good heavens! It sells for a hundred taels in a bottle, so how much money does it cost for our whole family to drink it every day?"

Qibao said: "Grandma, what you drink is brewed, so it must be different. That is my filial piety to you. Grandma still wants to sell the wine I personally brewed for you to others to drink?"

Mrs. Wang also understood what Qibao meant. She immediately hugged Qibao, kissed her and said: "My dear baby, grandma is reluctant to sell the wine Qibao brewed for me to others. No matter how much money I get, grandma won't sell it, so I will keep the wine for myself."

Qibao then laughed, and the old man also smiled and said: "Shopkeeper Tong, thank you for coming to tell us the good news in person. You don't know, but I have always been worried about it, but now I feel relieved."

Shopkeeper Tong said: "There's one more thing that my master's letter didn't mention, and that's the jam that your family sent for New Year's Eve, which our master's family and Duke Jing's family's elders like. So I just wanted to ask if there is any more at the old man's house. We will pay you."

The old man waved his hand and said: "Yes, my family has prepared quite a few, you also know that the ice bowls sold in our family barbecue restaurant need to use jam, since it is Jing Chen and Chenyu who want it, what silver is still being charged ah, I'll let you bring some more back later."

Shopkeeper Tong said: "My madter has already said that he can't let your family suffer, this silver must be accepted no matter what."

The old man said: "Chenyu has always taken good care of my family, It's just some food. It doesn't matter. I'll ask the old lady to bring you some more later, and you can keep some. It tastes very good."

Shopkeeper Tong stopped refusing and agreed: "Then I'd like to thank you, old man."

"Don't be polite between you and me. Just stay for lunch! It's been a long time since we had dinner together." the old man said.

"Okay, in that case, my brother and I will have two more drinks at noon. Anyway, the store is not busy." Shopkeeper Tong said.

The four mother-in-law and daughters-in-law heard that shopkeeper Tong wanted to stay for dinner, so they personally took Mrs. Jin and Mrs. Yin to the kitchen. They were very happy today. They didn't expect that the fruit wine business was so profitable, and they were all energetic in their work.

The old man and Shopkeeper Tong chatting in the main hall, Qibao is now nestling in the couch, next to an ice basin. She thought that now that a lot of wood had been cut down, it would be more than enough to build a wooden house. She thought about building one first to see the effect. If there were any shortcomings, she could make improvements in advance. She still has to talk to her grandpa. 

Fu Rui, who was fanning Qi Bao at the side, saw the young lady's appearance and asked: "Miss, what's wrong with you? You look worried. If anything happens, just ask Fu Rui to do it."

Qibao said: "It's okay, you don't need to fan, I'm not hot now."

Fu Rui then put away her fan and stood on Qibao's side.

At this time, there was a little girl standing at the door, her little head peeking out, looking inside.

Qibao also saw it and smiled, beckoning her to come in, the little girl saw that miss told her to go over, thus holding onto the doorframe, her little short legs crossed the threshold, and she thumped over to Qibao's front, with a soft and sticky smile on her little face.  

Qibao said: "Yaya, what are you looking at? It's so hot outside, why are you standing outside and not coming in?"

Yaya just looked at Qibao with a smile and whispered: "Miss."

Qibao touched her head. This girl had gained some weight during her time in the Xu family, and her hair was not as yellow as it was at the beginning. She looked malnourished, she was wearing well-fitting clothes, her hair was combed into two small buns, and she was no longer as timid as when she first arrived. She would go over to anyone who called her at home.

For this reason, Qibao also specifically told her not to go there obediently when outsiders called her, as it would be easy for her to run into human traffickers.

Yaya was still a little confused, she only knew that she would do whatever the lady asked her to do.

Because she is usually very well-behaved and never cries or makes a fuss. Many people in the family like this little girl and will tease her whenever anything happens.

Qibao brought a piece of snack to Yaya, and the little girl thanked her very politely. She took the snack handed over by Qibao with both hands and started eating it with a smile.

Qibao thought that Mei Niang had taught Yaya really well. It was really rare for someone at such a young age to understand mathematics so well.

Qibao looked at the side of her sixth brother again, there is some disgust, eating like whoever is robbing from him, his clothes always covered with food remain. How many times have it been said and still it's the same, every time he eats, he gets yelled at by his mother, but it's still a case of speak your mind and I'll eat mine.

Looking at Yaya in front of her again, She felt that Yaya was more beautiful than her brother, and she was also obedient, so she said: "If you want some snacks in the future, just tell me and I'll bring them to you."

Yaya nodded her little head and narrowed her eyes with a smile. Her mother had taught her that she could eat only when the young lady and the young master let her eat. No matter how greedy she was, she was not allowed to eat by herself.

At the dinner table, Shopkeeper Tong and the old man sat side by side. There was a large table of delicious food on the table. Shopkeeper Tong said with a smile: "Old man, it's very comfortable to eat at your house. It's not hot at all and it's very cool. Speaking of which, I'm really impressed that you can actually make ice in the summer. The business of your barbecue restaurant is really good. I can't help but feel a little jealous when I look at it!"

The old man smiled and said: "That's when I learned about the method of making ice by chance. If shopkeeper Tong is willing, it doesn't matter if I tell you this method. Anyway, our two families are in cooperative business. If your business is good, my family will get more money."

Shopkeeper Tong looked excited and asked: "Is the old man really willing?"

"Well, but this method can't let outsiders know, we still have to rely on it to earn silver, it's not uncommon for everyone to know about it."

"Okay, thank you for your generosity, old man. I swear, I will never say a word to outsiders." Shopkeeper Tong promised.

So the old man told shopkeeper Tong how to make ice.

Shopkeeper Tong looked in disbelief and asked: "Is it that simple?"

"Yes, it's that simple. If shopkeeper Tong doesn't believe it, why don't you go back and give it a try?"