Second Chance - 5

Morning :- 

Abhira woke in Prashant's room after he had forced her to take his room while he slept in the living room. She thanked god silently to give her such a good friend. Who was as stubborn as her, or maybe more. However she didn't forget whatever had happened yesterday. She missed Armaan..she missed him being around her. She brushed off those thoughts and got up to get ready, only to find a pair of clothes neatly kept folded on the side table with a note. 

"Dear Abhira, 
Here are some clothes kept ready for you, they're my sister's *ofcourse* 
Do get ready and be down by 10-11 am or whenever you're comfortable!! 

Your bestfriend, 
-Prashant. " 

Abhira smiled at the note and got ready, Prashant's room wasn't that big or small. It was a ventilated room with a balcony to die for. She then glanced at the clock to see the time.  11 am?? She hid her face in embarrassment and rushed down after a quick bath session. 

"Good morning, Abhira.."  Prashant's mom greeted.  "Please sit, I'll serve you some food." 

"Hi aunty, I'm so sorry for the delay. To be honest I forgot to put my alarm."  Abhira said embarrassed of her actions.  

"It's okay. Prashant told me everything so we thought to let you have some personal time alone." 

Abhira smiled awkwardly as she sat down near Prashant's sister, who was busy scrolling through her instagram. 

"Danika.." Prashant's mom whispered.  "We've someone home." 

Danika's expressions changed from a moody one to a more cheerful one seeing Abhira beside her. "Hey, I'm danika." 

Abhira smiled "Abhira."

"Nice to meet you Ms. Abhira!!" Danika giggled. 

"Abhira, want some fruits or poha?"  Prashant's mom asked. 

"I'll have f..fruits." Abhira said looking at the fruit bowl.  "Or can I have both?" 

"You can have both." Prashant's mom laughed., "You definitely are cuter." 

"Hawww! and me?"  Danika asked.  "I'm cutest." 

"Seriously Danika?"  Prashant said walking into the room earning a glare from Danika.  "Good morning Abhira, how do you feel?" 

"Pretty worse after sleeping in your room." Abhira muttered under her breath.  

"Excuse me? My room has the best bed than any one else's.." Prashant said.   "take your words back!" 

Abhira grinned softly before taking a bite of her poha,  "seriously aunty, this is tooo good."  

"Thank you..Danika and Prashant you both should learn from Abhira. Look at the way she praises me." Prashant's mom said caressing her hair.  "Staying for the night beta?" 

Abhira looked at her sadly and shook her head, "Nahi aunty, can't." 

"Why can't you? huh? this is your house Abhira.."  Danika argued.  "Please stay na." 

Abhira tried saying something but was cut of by Prashant.   

"It's her choice Danika, tu konsa kisi ki sunti hai."  

"Oh please..I was talking to Abhira not you."  Danika said angrily. 

"Ok ok enough!" Abhira said breaking the fight.  "Look Danika, I appreciate your kindness but I need to go back to the resort..maybe today or tomorrow. After mumma, it's me who has to look after it." 

Danika nodded silently,  "So, will you go today or tomorrow?" 

"I don't really know to be honest. I'll see about that."  Abhira said continuing her breakfast. 

"Mom, I need to leave for Udaipur today."  Prashant said, bringing his bags down.

"And you thought it wasn't important to tell me?"  Prashant's mom whispered.  "When will you be leaving? I'll pack some snacks." 

"In the night, so Abhira incase you're staying for the night, feel free to have my room." Prashant said. 

Abhira nodded silently, "Aren't you going to have breakfast?"  

"Y..yea I will.." Prashant muttered weirdly and sat down beside Danika. 

As soon as Prashant sat to serve himself, somebody banged the door furiously scaring everyone in the dining room. Prashant stood up in defense, while Danika went and hid behind Abhira in fear. 

"What's happening?"  Prashant's mom panicked seeing the chaos, "Prashant go and check." 

"Mummaa..I can't die young."  Danika exaggerated while Prashant rolled his eyes  at her statement. 

"Prashant, I think you should see who's banging the door so loud? Give that man a piece of your mind."  Abhira said hugging a scared Danika. "Danika, go to your room.." 

"And leave you all to die?" Danika said clutching Abhira's jeans.  "Never." 

Prashant opened the door while Prashant's mom got her tools ready incase it was a robbery and stood beside her son in excitement and action.. Which wasn't going to happen. Prashant stood there stunned by the person he just encountered. It was Armaan. 

"Where's my wife.." Armaan said grabbing Prashant's collar.  "Where is she huh??" 

"Armaan calm down na, he's Abhira's friend." Ruhi said trying to loosen the grip. "Please don't create a scene." 

Armaan loosened the grip and turned towards Prashant's family where he saw the person he was longing for, his heart beat. His life. He knew she wasn't happy to see him but he was scared, scared he would lose something he was already about to. He wiped his tears and walked towards her, each step felt like a second chance. A chance he wanted and would do anything for. She stood their looking pale and horrified by the fact that he found her, she never wanted to be found. He hurt her, he hurt her heart. 

"A..abhira" Armaan whispered, his voice was full of emotions, pain he couldn't express. "Please, talk to me." 

Abhira stared at him sadly, he hadn't just hurt her, he had broken the trust she had on him..he cheated her. She clutched her kurta tighter as these past thoughts ran across her mind.  "Don't make a scene here.." 

Armaan nodded tearfully.,  "Can we talk o..outside?"  to which Abhira hesitantly nodded. 

"I..i'll be back." Abhira said to Danika who was still hugging her.  "One min.." 

Prashant tried to stop her but Abhira blinked she was okay.  Prashant understood and left the two alone while distracting his mother and sister. 

                                                                                  ~*~ 

"Why did you come here Armaan? what was the need huh? I signed the divorce papers right, then what's the use of coming behind me, after all that's what you wanted." Abhira said

"Why do you misunderstand me? i didn't even say anything and you're back to going all deaf ears  before someone says something. Abhira.." 

Abhira cut off Armaan before he could answer, "No sorry, there's nothing left to be heard. You and your words, quiet differ. I've seen your true face Mr. Armaan Poddar. You cheated me, you hurt me and you made me question my own god damn sanity.. and now, you're coming behind me and asking for forgiveness, in more simpler words you want me to forget everything that happened right? seriously? do you think I do not have feelings or what?" 

"Abhira, please try to understand Armaan.." Ruhi said softly.  "He's realized that, h..he needs you." 

"Oh please Ruhi, don't play the typical sweet sister-in-law. You're acting as if everything that happened was a stupid joke which I took a bit too seriously right? Please leave me alone." 

"Abhira, I can't. I know I've done alot of stuff that hurt you but I realized it now..I was a duffer who didn't realize your value. I'm sorry. I know I'm the nominee of the worst husband, worst friend, worst partner and most importantly supporter but I didn't know how I was supposed to tell you about me and Ruhi's past..i'm sorry." Armaan said falling on his knees.

"Wow..I loved it. So instead of not telling me about your past, you chose to divorce me? Armaan our marriage is a deal. 1 year. Forgot? You know I wouldn't be as hurt as I am right now if you told me about this 'past' you've been hiding because the earlier you know the lesser it hurts." Abhira said wiping her tears,  "I don't want to be involved in this drama now, so please leave me alone.." 

"Abhira..do I not deserve a second chance? huh? I know I've hurt you, but I want to fix our relationship."  Armaan said falling on his knees.  "Please Abhira.." 

"You know Armaan, it really hurt me when I got to know the truth, I wasn't ready. Mentally to be honest. If you really loved or love Ruhi, I had the right to know that..even though I'm not your real wife. It's because, in this one year we were friends, partners and each other's strength but wh..when I heard the conversation you had with Ruhi that day, my heart ached in betrayal, that my husband or maybe my friend and my companion had not even bothered to tell me about his true love? everytime I asked you about the 'chit wali girl' you always changed the conversation by saying  'that was the past..i don't love her anymore' and then that night it became clear, you loved and love Ruhi..it was me who was being played around but now it's enough. Everything between us ended the day you promised Ruhi life time, I won't let you play around with Ruhi. Atleast because of me.." Abhira said sadly. 

"Please Armaan, don't let this responsibility overshadow your love..I can't be the one who's taking your love away from you. You deserve more than this contract marriage Armaan..you deserve Ruhi." 

Armaan stood mum at Abhira's out-burst. 

"But what if Armaan loves you Abhira..?" Ruhi said.  "He really loves you.." 

Abhira smiled sadly at Ruhi's words.  "Even I did.."  

"then? you both can finally be one.."  Ruhi said .. "Don't let your anger break your relationship Abhira please.." 

"No Ruhi, I really need a break, some time alone. I need to recover from the betrayal I've received. I want time to become the real me, the real Abhira Sharma. Mumma's going to be upset if I forgot to heal myself..."  Abhira sighed.  

"And..what about me Abhira?" Armaan asked.  "Can we ever be one again?" 

"If it's in our destiny..then we will."  Abhira forced a soft sad smile before leaving the room with intense atmosphere the air was filled with many emotions suffocating and creating and understanding. She wanted to start again, but if it was with Armaan was the question which defined three lives. Realization. Hope. Regret. 

~*END*~
                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, hry? this is the longest chapter i've ever written with over 1785 words *sigh* I felt the story should be over in one chapter so found motivation somewhere (haha). There was a mixed response in the poll I had kept so decided that our Abhira needed no one. She is enough for herself. I personally hate Armaan's role sm rn that writing about him is just the last thing I wanna do. But yup, have 2 books to writee! Please please do vote because I've worked really for this one:) 

byeee <3