Bad Boy

Kai's POV:

The rain poured down relentlessly as I navigated the airport pathway. A taxi from a distant terminal became my way of escape. Slipping into the backseat, A crisp twenty-dollar bill discreetly entered the driver's blazer pocket. My hair slicked back, and my eyes, a captivating shade of red, held a mysterious allure that seemed to draw people in yet keep them at a distance.

"Continue driving until further notice," I whispered, my voice laced with a charm. The driver's eyes flickered with curiosity, his intrigue deepening at my cryptic command as if he was about to uncover a secret he'd longed to know.

"You got it, boss." The driver agreed as he drove away from the airport. The rain hit the window as I leaned against it, looking closer at the glass. Then, my gaze is interrupted by a buzz from my phone. My attention shifted to my wallpaper as it lit the back of the taxi with its glow. It was a picture that Selene had taken when she had my phone; her arms were locked around my neck as she kissed my cheek, and we were both smiling. Just as the phone's light disappeared, my thoughts returned, and I shook my head. I'm getting distracted. Another message buzzed my phone.

New message from Rom-Kom

Sai: Okay, guys, who keep changing the group chat name? It's been happening for a while now, and it's starting to get on my nerves.

Mag: Idk, but are we still meeting up tonight? im omw now

Sai: Yes, but who is changing the name

Bea: ME LOL

The messages on my phone began to flood in, each adding to the car's heat. Sensing my tension, the driver's face swat as we sat in traffic on the bridge. "Which, don't mind me. I will open the window if you don't mind." He let out a nervous laugh as he pushed down the window button, letting it be open by just a tiny crack, clearly trying to ease the tension in the car.

My eyes darted to the front mirror as I took a deep breath, letting the cold air hit my head. Then I returned to my phone, my grip tightening as I struggled to keep my already angered attitude in check. I exhaled. But as I looked back at my phone, my attitude flared again, seething with frustration at the ongoing issue in the group chat.

Shai: Well, can you like... not?

Bea: U mad, hehe :)

I stepped in between these idiots, my tone firm and commanding. We have work to do. I step in between their conversations.

Kai: Guys, stop playing these. I feel her magic starting to come out more than ever. We need to get to action more than ever now.

Bea: ... Okay, big bad, we get the point. You want your moon goddess gf already :) :)

Shai: He's right. We must act as soon as possible to better the moon kingdom.

I took another breath and leaned forward, touching the driver's shoulder. "Right here is fine." I took my bag from the seat beside me as the rain picked up more. In the cover of the shadow, I disappeared past the street lights, where no cars were driven, and no soul dared to walk. Each step taken was followed by the sounds of rain splashing beneath my boots. Following a faint light, a fire burned at the side of my earrings before spreading to the top of my head and creating a black trench coat. The fire burned off my previous attire to one fitting of the weather.

I walked until I reached a subway station and pulled off my hood. With each step I took, everyone vanished. It was just me. I jumped the train stop and pulled my hood right as a train rushed past me. It came to a complete stop. The smoke cleared from the train as a silhouette of three other people slowly revealed itself.