Chapter: 6

Elena

A few days had passed and each day, Lori and I would chat during detention. I loved talking to her. Especially alone.

It was Saturday, so i went for a walk.

I was walking alone through the city. The sun was starting to set, a cool breeze started to blow and a very comfortable silence spread over the streets.

Until it broke.

A boy, who was in one of my classes, came running out an alleyway, where there was loud sobbing.

I looked back at the boy who was sprinting for his life far up the street, before looking back, and walking towards the sobbing.

It was dark, but my eyes soon adjusted, and I finally saw someone.

I approached them. "Hey, hey, honey, are you alri-" I stopped dead in my tracks. There sat Lori, crying with absolutely no clothing on.

She was shivering and I couldn't tell if it was because of the cold or fear.

My eyes trailed over her skin, seeing bruise after bruise.

That boy is going to fucking di-

"Miss Bennett?" She sniffled through her sobs. I quickly snapped myself out the rage and bent down next to her.

"Baby, what happened?" I gently slid my jacket off and wrapped it around her.

She flinched slightly.

"He- an-" She let sob after sob out and I couldn't take it.

I sat next to her, leaned my back on the wall and held my arms out. She looked at me, and without a second thought, dived down into my arms.

She was bawling her eyes out, and all I could do was comfort her. And that's exactly what I would do.

I gently kissed her head. "I'm here. No one is going to hurt you." I whispered, rubbing soft circles on her back.

After a few minutes, she calmed down enough to speak. "M-my mom is going to ki-kill me." She said through sniffles, and a few stray sobs.

I gently cupped her cheeks. "What happened? Why would she kill you?" I spoke slowly and softly. I wanted her to feel safe with me, and I think I was currently successful.

She took a deep breath. "Noah.." She started to panic as her breathing became ragged.

"Hey, look at me." I gently tilted her head so she could see me. "I'm right here. Breathe.." I took a deep breath and let it out. She mimicked me.

I smiled. "That's it." I gently stroked her cheeks. "Continue, slowly."

She nodded as she re-adjusted my jacket that I placed on her body.

I forgot she was naked..

"Noah.. has always called me bad things. Dyke, lesbo, faggot." She rubbed her eyes and sniffed. "But he never touched me. Until earlier." She started to cry again. "He thought it would make me straight, so-" She covered her face with her hands and placed her head on my shoulder as she started to sob again.

Gently, I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back. "And why would your mother hate you for this?" I whispered.

"Sh-she would say I am a sl-slut for losi-losing my virginity before the end of hi-highschool."

My brows furrowed.

What type of mother would say that?

"A-and I won't be able to stay anywhere else, because Stace's mom doesn't allow friends over." She started to sob harder.

I gently pulled her off my shoulder, cupped her jaw with one hand and held her shoulder with the other. "I have a loving dog.. a warm bed... and I cook pretty well if I do say so myself." I let a small smile spread on my face.

She looked at me, her eyes widening slightly. "You would let a s-student stay in your house?"

I smiled wider. "For you, I would." I kissed her forehead.

~~~

I unlocked my door and moved aside so Lori could walk through.

She did so.

She looked around the room, her eyes first touching my living room then my kitchen and finally the hall that led to my study, bedroom and bathroom. My house had dark wooden floors, dark walls and dark furniture.

I slowly walked behind her, placing my hands on her shoulders. "Would you like to drink or eat anything? Maybe some better clothing to wear?" I eyed the dirty, bloody sweatpants and t-shirt she wore.

That boy who did this to her is going to meet the most horrid sight on Monday.

She nodded gently. "I would like better clothing.. if you don't mind." She looked up at me.

I smiled softly. "Make yourself comfortable." I brushed my hand over her cheek, and walked over to my bedroom to get something for her.

I returned to her with fresh underwear, a shirt and sweatpants. "Here you go, honey." I gently handed it to her.

"Anything to eat?"

She shook her head and grabbed the clothing. "Thank you though." She hugged me.

I smiled and returned the hug. "I'm glad you're okay."

She hummed before walking down the hall and turning into an open door which must have been my bathroom.

I hope she showers, she deserves a warm shower.

I sighed and sat down on the sofa. I leaned my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands.

~~~