Chapter: 2

Lorenza

Luckily, i saw Miss Bennett. I smiled and walked up to her. "Sorry to disturb, miss, but i want to ask if you know who is hosting the detention?" I asked as politely as i could.

She smiled. "I am."

She said, what now?

I mean, I wasnt angry. A whole month of being with her after school? Hell yeah.

"Well.. I have detention.. so I guess I should come with you." I smiled nervously.

She chuckled. "You must be a trouble maker then, miss Emerson. You're the only one with detention today. What did you do?" She opened her classroom door and walked through.

I promptly followed.

"Someone sent me a letter during math, and Mrs Collins saw, so she took it and gave me detention." I rolled my eyes just thinking about it.

She chuckled and sat down in her seat. "I have heard that she can be a little strict." She smiled and shook her head. "Well, youre stuck with me for an hour. So i will give you two choices."

She held up two of her fingers before dropping one. "Talk to me and tell me about yourself. Possibly tell me about the school since you know im new here."

My eyebrows raised.

"Or.." She stood up another finger. "Do your homework and show it to me once you're done." She crossed her arms with a slight smirk.

I stared down at that smirk of hers and getting lost for a moment before nodding. "I choose the first option." I hummed, before sitting down in one of the front row seats.

"Good option. I didnt really feel like looking at a 18 year old's math answers." She teased.

I placed a hand on my chest and feinged hurt. "But miss, i-"

"Elena." She stated, her face calm and still.

I paused. "Wha-"

"My name is Elena. Call me by my name when we aren't in class."

My eyes widened slightly before dropping back into their resting position. "Thats... a nice name.." I smiled softly.

"Thank you, Lori." She said, making sure my name came out louder than the rest. It made me smile wider.

I suddenly felt a buzz in my pocket. It was my phone. I decided to ignore it and take in the details of this Goddess of a woman.

She had sharp eyebrows, trimmed, and probably waxed, perfectly. Her lashes were dark, and curled.

Her lips. Oh, her lips. They were plump, and red. Not overly red, rather naturally red. 

And her jawline. God, it could slice a piece of metal in half because of how sharp it was.

She was so beautiful. Gorgeous. Stunning even.

I felt another buzz, and then my phone started ringing. I took my phone out, checked who was calling and sighed.

Jonah.

I decided to put my phone on silent and looked back up, just to see Miss Bennett looking at me with one raised eyebrow.

"Do you need to take that?" She stood up from her seat. "I dont mind.." She stood next to her desk and leaned her hand on it.

I noticed a small tattoo on her upper arm. Hot.

"Its alright, miss." I shook my head softly. "Just a random number was calling. Probably a scam." I looked down with a light laugh.

I heard her chuckle. "Didn't I tell you to call me Elena?"

I looked up at her and laughed. "Sorry, Elena."

~~

I only got home around 5pm, since i didn't have a car to drive and school wasnt close to home.

I thought Jonah was going to be at work, but nope. When I walked up the front steps, he was standing by the door, his arms crossed and an angry fire in his eye. "Where the fuck have you been?" He snapped, his deep voice echoing a little too loudly.

"School. I got detention." I mumbled. "Now, if you don't mind, i have homework to do." I tried pushing past him but he just stood there with this diabolical glare.

"Why should i believe you?" He asked, venom slipping into his tone.

I scoffed. "What else would an 18 year old be doing at 4pm?" I sarcastically laughed.

He didn't take that lightly.

"Get your ass inside." He growled, moving aside so i could walk in. I did so, but when i passed him, i felt his hand push my back roughly, causing me to launch forward.

I let out a gasp as i stumbled forward, but once i had caught myself, i looked over at him. "What the hell?" I raised my voice slightly.

"Watch your attitude, Lorenza." His nostrils flared.

I scoffed. "You can't see an attitude." I muttered before walking towards the stairs.

A loud yelp left me when i felt a large hand on my shoulder pull me around and before i could react, i felt a burning sensation on the side of my face. Did.. he just slap me..

I placed my hand where it stung and looked over at Jonah. "What the fuck would you do that for?" I yelled.

He just raised a hand, about to hit me again when the door bell rang. He looked back before looking at me once more. "Im not finished with you." He pointed a shaking finger at me, turned around and made his way to the door.

I took the chance to run upstairs. I closed my door, as lightly as possible and locked it. Thank God my mom didn't remove it and wouldn't allow Jonah to.

I sighed lightly as i sat on my bed.

I looked over at my mirror, which conveniently faced my bed, kinky, i know, and winced when i saw the large red mark on my cheek. That's gonna bruise.

I laid back, and for a good 5 minutes, it was quiet and peaceful.

"Lorenza Emerson! Get down here!" I heard Jonah call. I can't deal with this crap.

I ignored him and instead got out my homework, a pen, and pencil and started working on my math, which thank goodness was the only thing I had to do.

But that didn't last long, for Jonah started banging on my door. "Lorenza!" He growled through his banging.

"What?" I yelled back.

"Open this door!" He continued to bang. "Before I take this door down!"

I huffed. "You can't!" I said in a sing song tone.

This made him angrier. But he stopped banging. "Fine. But don't expect a good greeting when you come down again." He spat before his footsteps trailed away.

I miss my real dad...