Chapter 27

CALLUM

"For fuck's sake", Henry mumbles as he sees me the next day at school. He has his arm on the waist of a redhead he was kissing a few seconds ago, yet as he sees me, he says goodbye with a kiss and falls in step with me.

"What happened?", he asks concerned, assessing my black eye. Apparently the first punch also left a bruise, a small one above my mouth.

"I was in a fight", I reply nonchalantly.

"No shit, Sherlock, I can see that", he points out, his voice dry. Then, a bit more excited: "Did you win?"

I give him a side-eye, to which he chuckles, then makes his expression grave again. "Alright, alright." He sounds actually worried as he asks: "Does it hurt?"

"A bit", I confess. "Yet nothing I can't handle."

"Is she worth it?", he asks, figuring out what the fight was about without me having to explain.

It's that exact moment I spot Katie at her locker. She hasn't seen me yet, so I take my time just looking at her. Although everybody wears the same uniform, she makes it look good. She tucked her shirt in the skirt that is a bit higher as normal, revealing an inch more of her leg than it should. Nothing dirty, but it makes me have dirty as hell thoughts about how I'd like to take off her skirt and shirt, and have my sweet time with her.

Her pink sambas are as always finding place on her feet, along with some knee-high white socks of the uniform. She ditched her usual pink headband, her golden hair braided now. She's laughing at something her friend said, Avery and Olivia as always at her side.

My eyes get lost on Katie for a while, before my mouth twitches in the corner.

The prettiest girl I've ever seen.

"She for sure is", I answer to Henry's question.

He nods, as if something in my eyes had already given him the answer.

"Come", he elbows me. "Stop staring like a creep and start moving. We have an entire game we have to talk to Mr. Craw about."

Ever since Sports Day on Friday, Henry's favorite subject became geography. He sent me about fifty texts about how he finally found his calling and how he can't wait to move to London, the 'country'.

I believe you can already see geography loves him very much in return.

I nod, yet as we walk past her locker, I pinch her waist, a small gesture not to draw attention to us, but to get close to her. She looks up startled as I already walked by, yet I turn my head around to meet her gaze. I wink at her with a smirk and she smiles, sending me an air kiss.

She's definitely worth it.