Chapter 6

JORDYN NAOMI PARKER8:30 a

JORDYN NAOMI PARKER
8:30 a.m | TUESDAY MORNING

"ARE YOU SURE EVERYTHING WILL be right when she gets back on the road? I don't need her breaking down in the next two days because of you." If Jordyn could roll her eyes right about now, she'd roll up them hard as fuck.

Today was the day Jordyn finally got her car back, and despite being the passenger princess these past couple of days, she couldn't wait to get back into her own car. Derrick insisted on going with her just to make sure she didn't run into a person just trying to scam her out of her money. Asking multiple questions to make sure he knew what he was doing.

Jordyn didn't argue with him just so she didn't draw suspicion to herself, but she just hoped Kameron didn't do or say anything crazy to give away that they knew each other.

Since the day he dropped her off, they'd been texting back and forth occasionally, Kameron telling jokes here and there making her laugh, sometimes having to use an excuse that she's texting one of her friends whenever she's around Derrick.

A part of her felt guilty for being sneaky the way she is, but the other part of her is feeling a fun adrenaline rush when she's texting Kameron, getting to know him felt like a breath of fresh air— as corny as that sounds, but she couldn't help but feel as ease when she's around him, like everything around them is irrelevant.

Kameron was standing behind the desk, they were in his office establishing the price, and what all Kameron did to her car. He explained that he installed the part, also adding in small details like windshield washer fluid, filling her tires up with air, and adding the air filter and tune up for free.

Derrick however, was highly skeptical of all of this, looking down at the paper which showed everything that was done of her vehicle, the total was at the bottom of the paper, which was $150. He couldn't believe it, seeing that the dealership would've charged him at least $400.

"Yes sir, everything is fixed with no problems, would you like to test drive it again?" Kameron says, grabbing the keys. He was already getting tired of Derrick's multiple questions— not seeing how Jordyn can deal with a person who's always asking 'why'.

"I just don't see how this is so cheap for this much labor."

Kameron and Jordyn look at each other while Derrick continues to look down at the paper, mumbling to himself about how this just can't be believable. Jordyn can only shrug, mouthing 'I'm sorry' to him.

"You think your car is good? 'Cause you're the one driving it. I'm only paying." Derrick says.

To be completely honest, he was still mad that Jordyn didn't just text him her reasoning for calling, even though he was in a meeting, he could've left early and attend to her needs. Also knowing that another man helped his wife out, did rub him off the wrong way.