Chapter 1

JORDYN NAOMI PARKER1:30 p

JORDYN NAOMI PARKER
1:30 p.m | TUESDAY AFTERNOON

"ALRIGHT LEILA, I ONLY HAVE the top row to do. It shouldn't take me no longer than an hour and a half." Jordyn says as she's pre-stretching the braiding hair to continue on with the remaining braids she had on the row she was finishing off of. Earning an 'okay' from the small teen.

"Do you mind if my brother brings me some food?" The girl in the chair questions as she looks up at her.

"Of course you can baby, you're a regular of mine, you don't have to ask." Jordyn says, smiling at her.

"Okay, thank you."

Jordyn was a full time hairstylist, learning how to do hair since she was twelve, she's grown a passion for it, deciding to turn it into her own business as she got older.

Her clientele growing tremendously; now she owned her own shop doing different unique hairstyles, as well as selling hair bundles and wigs.

She had a few clients who've been with her since she was a teenager, making them one of her royal clients, two of them being her best friends. Even though she doesn't make them pay anymore, she still finds herself with a Cashapp notification from the both of them— sometimes they left tips too.

She was grateful for her current lifestyle, growing up wasn't easy for her; but she made the best out of every situation.

Now she's married with a five year old daughter. She couldn't ask for anything better.

As she's finishing up with prepping, her phone rings.

Derrick would like to facetime ..

Clicking accept, she places her phone on her ring stand. "Hey baby, what's up?" She says as she's grabbing her braiding gel, adding it to her gel band that was on her wrist before continuing on her clients hair.

"I was just calling to see if you were able to pick up Kaiori from school today." He says as he focused on the road, his phone also being propped up to show his face.

"If not, I'll be able to, the meeting I was telling you about got rescheduled for tomorrow, so I'm free for the rest of the day."

"I should be able to." She says. "I won't be long."

"Alright, see you at home. I love you."

"I love you too."

She hears her phone hang up as she continues braiding. She finishes the last braid before continuing onto the next row.