Chapter 8

JORDYN NAOMI PARKER7:35 a

JORDYN NAOMI PARKER
7:35 a.m | WEDNESDAY MORNING

"HAVE A GREAT DAY AT school baby, I'll see you when I get home, I love you." Jordyn says as she pulled to the front of the school where kids where departing from their cars. Looking back in the backseat watching as Kaiori unbuckled her seatbelt, grabbing her bookbag as she turns to open the door.

"Bye mom, I love you!" Kaiori cheesed, showing all her teeth except for the two front teeth that was missing. Jordyn mentally awed at how adorable her daughter was, she always found a way to make her smile even if it was just the simple things. She wouldn't trade her for the world.

Kaiori gets out the car, waving to her mother, Jordyn exchanging the wave before Kai closed the door, running to the front doors of the school where her friends waved her over.

Jordyn pulls off from the school grounds, hitting the gas when she's a good distance away from it, to avoid running into kids and buses stopping unexpectedly. She was making her way back home to get ready, she didn't have time to do so since Kai requested that she cooked breakfast today, so that was where majority of her morning went.

As she was driving back home, she couldn't help but get nervous as she thought about hanging out with Kameron today. She didn't know what they were doing, and she was excited to say the least, but she was still nervous at just being around him in general, the butterflies in her stomach always appearing whenever she's in his presence, wanting to just hide away from her feelings.

She makes it home within twenty minutes— Kai's school not being far from their neighborhood, she pulls into the driveway next to her husband's car, seeing Derrick about to back out. She gets out the car, as Derrick rolls down his passenger window to talk to her.

"You doing anything today?" He asks, leaning on the armrest with his elbow, the stance made Jordyn want to jump on him right then and there, reminiscing about the night they had.

Derrick ended up waking up in the middle of the night and started being touchy, and who was Jordyn to deny her husbands wishes?

"Yeah, I'm hanging out with the girls." She smoothly lies, highly impressed that she didn't stumble on her words this time. Knowing that she's going to be always using her friends as an excuse, she made a mental note to start using specific friends in certain situations so she can tell them ahead of time so she can be good on her feet.

"You need anything?" He asked, pulling out his wallet.

Jordyn instantly declined, not wanting Derrick to give her unnecessary money, she enjoyed the gesture but she didn't want him to spend his money all the time, especially knowing when she had it on her own. She wanted him to focus on his buisness and putting his money towards that first before just blowing unnecessary money.