Ice Age is Coming Part 13

Zhang Yi emptied the entire warehouse of Walmart's South China location!

Goods worth tens of billions were all transferred into his alternate space.

Yet, he pretended to be oblivious and reported the incident to the senior management of Walmart at the earliest.

Soon, this news spread throughout the upper echelons of Walmart in South China.

A swarm of executives, shocked, rushed to the scene and reported the matter to the police.

Tom Watson, the general manager of the South China warehouse, turned paler than snow upon seeing the empty warehouse.

"Oh my God! How am I supposed to explain this to the headquarters?"

In fact, the headquarters in the United States had already ordered that all goods be transported back to the country as soon as possible.

It is said that this was an instruction from the upper levels of the United States, and the ships they sent were about to arrive at Tianhai Port.

Now, everything was ruined!

On the other hand, Zhang Yi was not worried about his actions being exposed.

After all, the disappearance of tens of billions worth of goods from a warehouse in just a couple of hours was too bizarre.

Even if the police investigated with all their might, it would be impossible to find out in a short time.

Moreover, since Walmart is a foreign enterprise and not a state-owned one, there's naturally no need to say much about the intensity of the investigation.

However, he still acted nervous and scared, cooperating with the police investigation.

After a night of interrogation, Zhang Yi was released.

The police were also very skeptical about this incident.

They investigated the internal and external surveillance footage of the warehouse.

Although the internal surveillance was turned off, it's impossible to steal millions of cubic meters of goods without leaving any trace.

However, by reviewing the surveillance around the warehouse, no traces of any vehicles were found.

This means that the tens of billions worth of goods either vanished into thin air or... it was an inside job by Walmart itself.

Using logic, the latter seems more reasonable.

Unless a supernatural event occurred, there's no way to explain how millions of cubic meters of goods disappeared without a trace.

As for ordinary employees like Zhang Yi, while they did raise some suspicion,

the logical problem of the disappearing goods, even if there was an issue with internal staff, was not the main conflict.

Since Walmart is a foreign company and there's no involvement of Chinese official background,

the case was too big, and naturally, the police's action efficiency was not that fast.

Even due to concerns about causing international impacts, the investigation was played like a game of passing the buck.

To get to the bottom of this, let alone three days, three months might not be enough!

Zhang Yi was ordered not to leave Tianhai City for a short period.

And he must cooperate with the police and Walmart's internal investigation at any time.

Zhang Yi cooperated very well, and then he was allowed to go back home.