ch-16 (aahna)

As we entered the puja, adorned with festive decorations, the sound of prayers and the sweet aroma of incense filled the air. The Maha Puja was a significant occasion, and I couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and reverence. 

 Veer's mother, with her welcoming smile, "Aahna puttar, kinni soni lagri ae tu. " 

I responded, "Thank you, aunty. And wow, aunty, aap bhi Punjabi sikh gaye ho mumma ke sath rehkar."

She chuckled, "Haan puttar, thodi thodi sikh rahi haan. Tuhade naal Punjabi vich gal karni chahidi ae na."

I replied, "Omg aunty, you're picking it up so quickly! That's impressive."

Aunty replied with a twinkle in her eyes, "Thank you, beta. Your mom speaks Punjabi so fluently that I couldn't resist learning a bit myself."

I laughed, "Well, aunty, soon you'll be challenging us with your Punjabi skills."

She chuckled warmly, "We'll see about that. Now, let's get ready for the puja."

As the puja commenced, the atmosphere was filled with serenity and devotion. Rudra bhai and Aashi lit the ceremonial lamps, while Ritika and Aarav helped with the offerings. Papa and Chachu recited the prayers with reverence, their voices resonating throughout the room.

Chachi, handed out prasad to everyone, ensuring that each member of the family received the blessings of the puja. 

Aashi, suddenly spoke with dramatically, "Aahna, this puja is so magical. I can feel the positive vibes."

Rudra bhai retorted, "Magical vibes? Aashika, toh itne dramatic expressions dene ki kya need hai aisa lagra hai jaise tumhe daily soap ad mein kam mil gaya."

Aashi, unfazed, shot back with a playful smirk, "Oh please, Rudra! You're just jealous that you can't feel the magic in the air like I can."

Rudra rolled his eyes, "Magic? If magic is feeling like you're in a daily soap ad, then I'm good without it."

i smiled as i saw them, im just happy they solved morning's problem.

Aashi responded, "Well, Rudra, not everyone can appreciate the finer things in life. Some of us are born with a natural flair for drama, and I'm just generously sharing it with the world."

Rudra mockingly sighed, "Oh, how lucky we are to witness such generosity."

Chachi sat beside me, "Aahna, tu theek hai na puttar? Tainu kuch chahiye?"

I nodded at Chachi, appreciating her concern. "Haan Chachi, bas thoda headache ho raha hai." 

 Chachi smiled, "Tu araam kar puttar, Puja khatam hove te main tainu cha leke aayi."

The puja continued, the rhythmic chants creating a tranquil atmosphere. As the rituals unfolded, I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. It was Rudra bhai, offering a comforting smile.

"Headache?" he asked, concern evident in his voice.

I nodded, "Yeah, just a slight one. Probably because of the long day."

Rudra gestured towards Aashi, who was still engrossed in her 'magical vibes.' "Blame her dramatic aura. It's contagious."

I chuckled, "Well, I'll make sure to get an antidote for that magical aura."

As the puja concluded, Chachi indeed brought a cup of tea for me, insisting it would help alleviate my headache.

"Chachi, this is perfect. Thank you," I expressed my gratitude, and she patted my shoulder affectionately.