⋆↟•─────⋅☾⁶³☽⋅─────•↟⋆

Blaire 》

I grip Levi's arm, making him face me. "Levi, don't. She has thes-these injections." I whisper to him, hoping he'd listen to me and not try to do something stupid. The last thing i want to happen is him hurting himself because he's too angry to think straight. "Listen to her, Levi. Those things could kill you, you know." She bellows. He doesn't even look her way as he's facing me. His jaw flexes as he looks at me, his eyes traveling over the naked body of mine that I'm desperately trying to cover up before he takes off his burnt shirt with a swift tug. "Here, wear this." It has a few holes in the chest area, but it's definitely an upgrade. I take it from his hand, my cheeks bright red, making me glow again, but with no fire. I silently put it on while he shields me from their gazes with his big body. "Why are you so sure I won't burn this too?" I ask, my voice too quiet but he heard.

He tucks a few hairs behind my ear, holding my face in his hands softly. "Because the fire is you. Your emotions control it. If you calm your emotions, you'll tame the fire." he says, his voice so determined that I'm left actually believing him.  I nod, looking between his eyes. His determination makes me feel a whole lot more confident in my ability to not totally lose my shit.

Once he's sure I'm comfortable wearing his shirt, he begins to stand up. I grab his arm once again. "Be careful." I whisper, knowing he'll hear me anyway. He gives me a curt nod, kissing the crown of my head while he stands up.

"Aren't you two just adorable." She mocks Levi as he stands shirtless between one of the men that approached the SUV and me. The man is rugged and bulky, shorter than Levi but he's giving him a nasty glare. "You touch a hair on her head and you'll miss having hands." Levi sneers, looking down at him with just as much challenge in his eyes if not more.

"Oh, don't be stupid. You know you can't overpower all of them." She says, crossing her arms and keeping her distance. I want to stand by him and show her just how much we both could do, but I'm scared shitless and without my clothes, I feel very vulnerable. I'm curled up with my arms crossed over the holes of his shirt but my legs are still bare.

"You're severely underestimating me if you think some bastard human can take me down." Levi says, acknowledging the dozen-I think- men she brought with her, all waiting for her to give the order and they'll all charge at me. By the looks of it, they'll have to face Levi first. "You bring all these men just for the two of us. Just face it, Alana. You're terrified of her."

Her light demeanor is now gone as she glowers darkly at him. "I could take you all on my own. But yes, these aren't all for you, tough guy. They're for her." My already racing heart almost stops as Alana and all the men turn to look at me. My face heats up knowing they're looking at each inch of me.

My body begins to glow a bright yellow-ish orange.

"Your emotions, Angel. They're the key." Levi walks backward toward me, guarding me with his body as the men start approaching me. He looks around and grabs one of the not so melted doors. He hands it to me. "Swing it at whoever comes close enough. Do not use your fire. It'll eat away at your humanity." He instructs before he turns around sharply with the door in his hand, swinging the door with all his might and smacking one of the men that was running his way right across the face, making him drop to the floor, unconscious. "Just like that." Levi breathes, dropping the door on the floor.

Why would a vampire use human guards? Human's are as fragile as twigs. Speaking as a former one.

Damn, I'm already thinking lowly of them. I don't like this.

Immediately, they start group attacking Levi. The first one goes down with a quick snap of the neck, stumbling before he falls to the ground right in front of the SUV, dead. I muffle my scream with my hands as I see the dead man in front of me. Followed by another dead man. The men get a few hard blows at Levi, making it impossible for me to look away even with the gruesome scene unfolding right in front of my eyes.