⋆↟•─────⋅☾⁴⁹☽⋅─────•↟⋆

Levi

Out of the roller-coaster we had today, I'll start with; we broke into Jake's house.

We didn't find the fucker there. It took practically everything in me—and everything in Orlando—to stop myself from burning his house to ashes under my feet. It took me a while to realize, after breaking his front door, that he's probably still at the school. We searched for anything that belonged to Blaire, but we didn't even find a single strand of her hair. No way I was giving up, I'd thought. But it's been hours, so many hours since I saw her and I have no idea where she is or if she's well. The whole time, I felt a weird twisting in my gut, like they were upside down or even nonexistent.

I have no idea what the feeling is called, because it's surely a mixture of a million, but I hate it.

Hell, I'm surprised I haven't shit my pants because of how worried I am.

I'll be unable to forgive myself if she was hurt, that is just way too much for me to stand.

It's like I'm blinded by it. Fear. I didn't know what to do or who to ask or where to look first. I called her, texted, left voicemails. Tons of it. Nothing. I couldn't reach her. Me and Orlando agreed it was for the best if we split up and searched different sides of the street. Soon, the streets sprouted to roads. Not a single clue where she went.

I tried to track her down by smell, but it was impossible. I couldn't get a single whiff of her. It's like she never existed. I couldn't hear her voice or smell her blood. I started doubting if I was even a vampire to begin with.

Not a single thread to lead us to her.

But we haven't found her father yet. From what Orlando told me, he wasn't here. I asked what he had to do with any of this and he refused to tell me anything at all. It's like he was withholding something he knew I wouldn't let slide.

I was thinking too much and I forgot to ask him if she knew about him—us. You know, the vampire thing, yeah that one. Then again he made it hard to focus on one thing. He kept changing the subject and everytime, it'd be so abrupt, I get whiplashes.

It was a good enough reason to insist on knowing, but he still refused. If it wasn't for his friendship with Blaire, he would've been dead with three missing limbs and no enteral organs the second he opened his mouth.

Unfortunately, I value my relationship with Blaire more than I value self-respect. That has to mean something.

We both met at the same beginning point after it was almost evening. We hadn't found a single thing to lead us to her by then. I hadn't given up, but I also needed to clear my mind in order for my searching not to be in vain. So, I grabbed a blood bag and climbed up the roof of the house. I can't remember the last time I did that, it was back when I used to live in the royal castle and needed some alone time. But I haven't done that in over four years now. Mostly because my father's training was getting more difficult, and more confusing. I wasn't Crown Prince until a few years ago. That's when things got hard for me. I hadn't had any time for myself back then. But now that he's gone, I don't see why I can't clear my mind and think about all the non-answered questions the universe has left for me to unsolve.

Like, for one, why I can't figure out where Blaire went. As soon as I heard her scream, I ran to check on her. Which means if someone took her, they couldn't possibly go that far without me noticing something's off. But it wasn't like I could knock on every door in the neighbourhood and search their house.

Because I sure as hell won't ask if she's there. Hypothetically speaking, if she was there and I happened to ask If she was, in fact, in there, it would only make things worse for her. Surely, if I can't find her, that must mean the abductor has some decent IQ on them.