⋆↟•─────⋅☾⁵⁹☽⋅─────•↟⋆

Blaire

The next day, Orlando and Nancy came over. They wanted to make most of their time since Nance won't stay in town for long. A week at best, a couple of days at worst. Nancy brought cookies and muffins, baked them all by herself. She'd whispered to me about how Orlando was stuck to her like glue, kissing her and clinging to her like there's no tomorrow.

That made me appreciate me and Levi more. Every brush of our shoulders makes my knees go weak, every soft sigh he lets out every time we kiss. The man is the epitome of perfect. Although he's been acting a little weird lately. Disappearing into the bathroom for hours. First, I thought it was him being freakishly hygienic, though that wasn't the case.

I don't think it is anyway. I bombarded him with questions yesterday, all he said it's because it's hot outside, which isn't the most comfortable weather for vampires sometimes.

I still don't understand what he meant by that, but he excused himself before I could inquire for more.

Now, we're in the backyard with the baked goods. Orlando and Nance got the chairs from inside while Levi got mine and his. We place them in a little circle, me and Levi sitting next to each other. Each of us have a muffin in our hands except for Levi, he's eating a cookie—looking quite tensed up, but I don't pay that much attention.

Orlando is right next to me, so I pull on his sleeve, whispering. "Does Nancy know about you?" His eyes widen as he speaks. "Hell no, lower your voice." I nod, zipping my lips shut.

I turn back and face Levi, only to notice he's already looking at me. He's not just looking at my face, he checks out the little maroon top I'm wearing. He rolls his tongue, narrowing his eyes a bit before his eyes meet mine.

I smile at him, blushing a bit while leaning closer to him. I do the same to him, forcing my eyes to ignore the bit of chest muscles peeking through his zip-up hoodie and to go down, down, down until i see his grey sweatpants. My eyes bulge out comically before they jump back to meet his.

He noticed my reaction to him. God help me.

I swear he must have leaned in closer because he's impossibly close now. His breath hot against my neck, making me shiver. Neither of us speaks. I don't think I can speak under these conditions anyway, him on the other hand, he's silent only to observe my flustered self.

It only takes a single inhale for me to smell his natural scent. He smells delicious. Never thought I'd like someone's scent this much, it's so natural and so...him. Delightful sounds like a good way to put it. He smirks, showing a row of perfectly pearly and straight teeth. He noticed me sniffing him like a damn guard-dog. "You're checking me out." He says, challenge dancing in his eyes.

I smirk despite myself, accepting the challenge or whatever this is. "So were yo-"

A crashing sound cuts me off, followed by a little squeal. "Sorry!" Nancy says, standing up. Behind her is a broken wooden chair. I breathe out the air I didn't realize I'd been holding in in the first place. "I swear I was just sitting normally, I didn't mean t-" I cut her off.

"No no, that one was already unstable. We were going to get rid of it anyway. It's fine." I smile brightly at her to ease her guilty expression. She looks between me and Levi, not looking as guilty anymore. "I'm still sorry."

"You can have my chair." Levi suggests.

"Or mine." Orlando pulls put his smolder, tapping his lap. Nancy slaps his shoulder before taking the chair from Levi. "Thanks." She smiles at him for a few long seconds before taking a seat.

I narrow my eyes slightly, about to comment, but I'm suddenly lifted off my chair. Sat a second later on Levi's lap.

I squirm, my cheeks going bright, bright red. "Levi!" I hiss. He laughs, tugging me closer, hiding his smirk.  "This is why you offered your chair, isn't it?"