Epilogue

Two years pass, and everything has changed. Sherlock is now a full-on high-functioning sociopath, showing no sentiment or anything. He's more obnoxious and rude, and doesn't care about himself. During those two years, he became a drug addict, worrying Mrs Hudson, Mycroft, Lestrade, and especially Elizabeth. Elizabeth had ditched everything on what she was doing to stop Moriarty, immediately going back to London. She came into Baker Street when Sherlock was barely conscious from taking heroin.

"Oh William. . ." she whispers, kneeling at his side next to the sofa. "What have you done?"

"L-Lizzy?" he slurs, trying to look through his blurry sight. "Wha. . .what are you doin' here?"

"Stop this drug addict." she said, avoiding the question. "Please, don't do this to yourself. You might overdose."

"No," he shakes his head slowly, going cross-eyed. "Y-you're just a hallucination. Lizzy isn't actually here, she's somewhere trying to stop something. She left me." he says, choking up at the last sentence.

"No, William!" she says, cupping his face with her hands. "I'm here, I am real. I didn't leave you, I still love you. I'm just trying to make a future for us by taking the baddie away."

"Baddie?" he whimpers, moving to hide his face in the pillow he is lying on.

"Hey, no!" Elizabeth panics, moving his face away from the pillow. "You might suffocate yourself."

"So?" he mumbles. "I have nothing left."

"You have me." she said firmly. "You have me, and Mrs Hudson, and Mycroft -"

"Mycroft doesn't care about me." he spits, glaring in the distance. "If he cares for me, he would have stopped me from the drugs."

"Mycroft is busy -"

"Yeah, busy." he scoffs. "Busy ignoring me."

"William Sherlock Scott Holmes." she says loudly. "You listen to me. I care for you. Mrs Hudson cares for you. Mycroft does care for you. So stop whining, fix yourself up, and please stop this addiction!" she looks down, hiding her tears from him. "You're giving me pain." she whimpers. Sherlock stares at her for a while, before bringing a hand up to her face, wiping the tears away.

"You are here." he whispers.

"Stop this addiction." she commands, wiping the tears away herself. "Stop this, or else I'll never come back."

That has made Sherlock stop. He made a vow to himself to never hurt Elizabeth's heart, and stop the drugs. It was strange for everyone; Sherlock was high on drugs, and then the next thing you know, he's clean and has a clear mind, solving cases again. Lestrade pulls Sherlock to the side, looking at him confused and concerned.

"Are you all right?" Lestrade asks Sherlock. "One second you're on drugs, and then you're clean, like you didn't take any drugs. Is this some new drug, like you look and act sane, but you're high on something. . .?"

"No, Lestrade." Sherlock cuts him off, looking at him with a serious look. "I'm not on the drugs anymore, you can even have a drug bust at my place. I got rid of all the drugs."

"But why?" Lestrade questions him in disbelief. "What made you stop?"

"Someone just knocked some sense into me." Sherlock shrugs, before walking away, thinking about Elizabeth.

Elizabeth watches Sherlock in the distance, happy that he is clean. She send him a text before she left for Russia.

Doesn't this case look like an open-and-close murder?