Chapter 16

They walk into the interrogation room, very aware, of three police people watching them.Since there is only one chair across from Angelo, Sherlock makes Elizabeth sit down in it. They then stare at the so-called suspect. Angelo looks at them nervously, and avoids their gaze. "Angelo," Elizabeth says softly, something Sherlock has never heard come from her. "I'm Elizabeth Peyton, this is Sherlock Holmes, my colleague and boyfriend. We are here to talk about the recent murders."

"Before you say anything," Sherlock said, seeing he is about to object. "Elizabeth and I know that you did not kill those three people."

Angelo looks at them in shock, before opening his mouth. "You believe me?"he says in an Italian accent.

"Of course we do." Elizabeth replies. "It's kind of obvious you didn't kill them."

"Though you did do a different crime." Sherlock adds.

"You are correct." Angelo said, making them smile. "I was housejacking when these murders happened."

"Do you know who did these murders?" Sherlock asks him eagerly.

"Yes. He is my neighbour." Angelo answers.

"Why did he kill them three victims?" Elizabeth asks him.

"The woman, was a close friend of his. She betrayed him, so he got mad and killed her. The other two were with her and he didn't want any witnesses."

"But you're a witness." Sherlock points out.

"He doesn't know." Angelo replies. Elizabeth and Sherlock start heading to the door.

"Even though you didn't do those murders," Elizabeth said, facing him from the door. "You are still going to jail for house jacking."

"I understand." Angelo nods.

"Hope you still get your restaurant!" Elizabeth calls from behind her when leaving. Angelo stares at the two in shock, wondering how they knew he has a restaurant.

***

"Incredible!"Lestrade exclaims when the two Consulting Detectives came out of theroom.

"We aren't amateurs." Elizabeth states. "We are very good with ourjob."

"You're still a freak, though." Donovan says. "Both of you."

"Yes,"Sherlock scoffs, "freaks that just save other people's lives."

"Come on," Elizabeth says, walking away from them, "you guys got his neighbour to arrest."

"Thank you for helping us." Lestrade tells them when the two sociopaths start to walk away from them.

"Thank you for allowing us to help." Elizabeth replies, not turning around to face them, and still walk.

"Come to two-two-one Baker Street when you're out of your depth again!"Sherlock adds, before they turn a corner and leave the police people.

"Freaks."Donovan mumbles again.

"Sally, not now please." Lestrade snaps, heading out. "Come on, we gotta arrest Angelo's neighbour."

***

"That was nice." Elizabeth announces, falling on the couch.

"Yes."Sherlock agrees, sitting in a black armchair. Sherlock shifts slightly in the chair, feeling comfortable. "And I dibs this as my armchair." Sherlock states.

"Okay."Elizabeth mumbles, not glancing his way. She then sits up and grabs her coat.

"Where are you going?" Sherlock asks her.

"I'm getting myself a violin." she said, opening the door. "You should play yours more often."

Before he can say anything, she is gone. "How did she know I play a violin?" he murmurs to himself. Sherlock had stopped playing ever since he met Elizabeth. Since he didn't have any friends, he would play his violin. Now ever since he met Elizabeth, he hasn't bothered with the violin.

Sherlock then got a text message from her.

Violin is in the cupboard in a box that says 'Valuables'. You'll find your violin in there along with some of your composed songs. You're welcome.

EP

Sherlock smiles at the text, and sent a three word message.

I love you.

SH