17th chapter

seated on the golden gilded ottoman in the middle of her chamber, with fisted hands,  Kösem eyed the maids compile her things to the multiple chests displayed in the space of the chamber.

caressing the green emerald ring with her cold fingers before positioning it back on her ring finger, her cold stare did not quiver, as her devoted ağa stood beside her, silent. his timid gaze not leaving her stiff form.

"After all these years, look at what has happened, Haci

"After all these years, look at what has happened, Haci. I have been dismissed from my own palace." Kösem Sultan spoke in a dull tone provoking the heavy feeling that invaded her chest.

Haci realized her bottomless attachment and the immense significance of the palace in her life, but he had to do what he did, or else blood would reach the kneecaps'

He was sure that she wouldn't let it go; he knew her too well.

But he was also certain that if she didn't suppress her thirst for ultimate power, she would meet the same fate as the sultanas before her, if not worse.

He had hoped that it wasn't too late and that the innocent girl that she once was, was still alive,

Over the past few years, he powerlessly witnessed her change, from a loving, protective mother to a different, wicked sultana.

He knew that the seated sultana before him now was no longer blameless or to be trusted, and he knew that he had to do something about it.

"Validem...maybe it's better this way," Haci uttered humbly, mustering a small smile that was whipped off his complexion as Kösem sultan snapped her stiff gaze towards him.

"Haci, after all these years serving me, one would think that you have come to know me," she uttered with a glint of irony.

"If I leave, then who is going to attain my place? Ayşe? Of course not!" she screeched with a pinched expression before proceeding,

"Meleksima! I can't believe I let that Romanian slave sneak behind my back!" she exclaimed, deepening the throbbing headache that had been haunting her from the previous sleepless night.

"Sultanim, how do you know it's her doing? She may be innocent. After all, you were the one who sent her to His Majesty, I'm certain that she is aware that it is not wise to plot against you." Haci affirmed despite the throbbing heart in his chest.

Kösem Sultan shook her head, "Meleksima might appear innocent, I can see through her act, lately she hasn't been attempting to disguise it, she has been distant, she dared talk back at me once before," she snarled before she stepped off to the terrace, leaving the maids ascertaining the palace's properties.