12th chapter

"Thank God you're finally here, we thought that you forgot about our plan," said Cennet sighting in relief with Maria standing beside her. As I quietly closed the door of my chambers.

I only chuckled "Only if you knew what I had to go through today, but there is no time for talking, let's get going I'll tell you later."  I said getting my manteau from the drawer.

"Gül aga is waiting outside the gate with the carriage, we need to hurry up," Maria said hurriedly as I buttoned up my kaftan

"Come on," I said before we quietly exited my chamber, Cennet on the front to guide us toward the secret tonal.

~
"Cennet where is it?" I asked as we reached a dead end.

She looked around making sure no one is spying on us, before going near the wall and tugging a stone making it tick. reveling a dark stairway.

Maria and I stood shocked

"Cennet you truly are the best," Maria said I nodded amused

Cennet only smirked "I know, now go before the sun starts to rise," she said handing Maria a candle to guide us through the dark.

"Cennet," I called turning back to her, I hugged her tightly

"Thank you, for everything," I said as she tapped my back dismissively.

"Just go straight and you will find the door at the end," she said as both Maria and I moved into the tunnel

"don't worry, we will not take long," I said sensing her discomfort before going after a very joyful-looking Maria before Cennet sealed the hidden door.

"You seem more excited than me," I said suggestively; my voice echoing through the dark path.

Maria smiled "Of course I'm excited, you will finally be able to sleep peacefully.

I smirked, "Sure, of course, it's not because Gül aga is waiting outside." I said earning a pinch in my arm making me exclaim in pain.

"Meleksima I told you that there is nothing between us, we just get along" she defined avoiding eye contact.

"Alright alright fine," I said ceasing the topic. As we finally reached the gate.

I looked at Maria for a moment before stepping forward "Besmallah" I said before pushing the door open making the cold breeze flow through.

I took a moment to breathe in the fresh air, this is my first time outside the palace ever since I arrived.

Maria stepped ahead of me as we made our way to the carriage where Gül aga and another aga named Zaki aga were waiting.

"There they are, yalla get in the carriage we don't have time to waste," Gül aga said opening the carriage portico for us before assisting us with mounting into it.

~~~
Gül aga joined us in the carriage Throughout the ride, Maria sat beside me, Gül aga in front of us, while Zaki aga led the way.

I notice them sharing glances making me smile and deciding to not interfere.

"Where will we meet him?" I asked breaking the silence.

"There is an old barn near the forest, he is waiting there." Gül aga answered making me nod my head satisfied.

The carriage halted implying that we have arrived at the barn.

Zaki Aga opened the door helping both me and Maria out of the carriage coming to view an abandoned barn, where a man wearing a black manteau; his face hidden stood in a distance