2nd chapter

I woke up feeling the ship moving,
I got up and looked out through the window. It was slightly foggy outside but I could see that we are not in my village anymore.
I stood there tears blurring my vision. Soft sobs escaped my mouth.

"Gloria? Are you okay?" asked Maria's sleepy voice.

I just nodded, still looking through the window  "yeah, I'm fine it's just that I'm going to miss my town and my family" I said playing with my great grandmother's necklace around my neck.

She stood up and came closer to me "don't worry they will be alright, think about it, as a chance for a new life, a chance to grow and become stronger, and you are not alone you have me and Nadia we will always be with you"

I hugged her tightly as tears flowed down my cheeks." I lost my family too, uhh I saw my mother dying in front of me, but it all made me stronger, as they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" she said with a sad smile.

I smiled back and nodded my head "thank you, Maria, I needed to hear that ".

"Alright, now enough tears and let's go wake everyone up the sun is rising."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days have passed by and we still are at the ship, I haven't seen Murad bey since our last 'conversation'
Maria, Nadia, and I developed a strong connection in the last few days.

We were asleep when an Ağa whom I come to know as Gül Ağa, Ran over to our rooms clapping his hands together waking up everyone.
"Wake up, wake up before we run late."

Everyone started to wake up as some more ağas came to the center of the ship dropping a big bag filled with some gowns.
All the girls started fighting and snatching each other's dresses

Maria, Nadia, and I walked over last, we found 3 white casual dresses. We look down at the gowns and then at each other and started laughing until Gül ağa approached us. We quickly grabbed the dress and ran to our room, we covered each other. We got ready and exited the ship. As soon as I exited the ship I was blown away by the beauty of Istanbul, the Topkapi Palace was so beautiful and the trees were all around the city. The birds flying all around it.

As I fully step out of the ship, I started looking around for Murad Bey. There were so many people I couldn't even focus on their faces, after some time, I just gave up and went back to the girls.

I was about to step into the carriage with the rest of the girls when I saw Murad Bey entering a much more luxurious one. I thought about running over, but after some thinking, I realized that would be stupid maybe even embarrassing. So I shut my smart brain up and sat inside the carriage.

At the palace

"Come on come on, line up quickly, I was very nice to all of you but trust me when I say Lalezar Kalfa won't be that nice," said Gül ağa seriously for the first since we have met

I notice a group of girls upstairs giggling and talking about us.
I waved at them and they completely ignored me.
We stood in line as some Kalfa approached us, we all bowed as a sign of respect