14th chapter

With the last few words written down, I set the ink pen back on its ink container

I rolled the paper before handing it to Haçi aga, "If what you said is true, Halil paşa will meet us at the old palace and he will either mend his mistakes or lose his head." I declared, standing up from one of the stools around Murad's throne, on his terrace.

I approached one of the candles as I neared the red wax, making it melt.

I applied it to the rim of the envelope. As Haçi passed me Kösem sultan's stamp.

I pressed it to the wax, marking it.

Haçi took hold of the envelope, observing it, "But Melesima hatun, I don't get it, why don't you just tell Silihtar paşa and he can handle it on his own." he asked confused.

ı took a deep breath "Haçi, I will inform him once he's here, but I need to make sure that everything goes right, this is an outstanding opportunity to at least send Kösem sultan to the palace of tears, we need to take advantage of it." I explained as he nodded his head, but he had a look of guilt.

" I explained as he nodded his head, but he had a look of guilt

"

Don't feel bad Haçı, you know Kösem Sultan isn't innocent. you made the right decision, She served the throne long enough now it's Murad's time to rise, and not just you but also me, are servants at his feet with honor," I said with a comforting smile.

he nodded his head reassuringly, as he left the terrace.

⚜︎⚜︎⚜︎

waiting for Murad I sat on the terrace praying that he'd come back safely,  he is the padişah, he is capable of protecting himself and the empire I reminded myself,

lost in reading a book to ease my concern, I didn't take notice of the chamber door opening.

I was pulled out of my trance, by a hand wrapping me with black fur viable. I glanced up and saw Murad hovering behind me the seat's rear between us.

a smile rose on my face, relieved to see the man I love, safe and sound.

"Muradım" I breathed, setting the book down, as Murad joined me on the seat, drawing me close.