3. A Little Hope

Aaradhya ~

The two maids were really friendly and their name were Sakhi and Ankhi. That was the first night in the palace and I couldn't get any sleep. I was looking at the moon through the window and was listening stories about the palace from them. Although I was not interested but still felt some keen excitement to hear about them . But I slept at dawn and couldn't wake up in the morning.

When I woke up it was nearly noon.I was embarrassed because I am not like this usually and it happened the very first day .

Didn't he come in his own room ? What a weird man he is ?

The maids should have made me me wake. Literally everything is weird about this palace. But the most weirdo is my husband .

His mother came over to see whether I am okay or not. Before I explained anything, she told me it's normal to be tired and she was acknowledged that I couldn't sleep. I was nervous but she calmed me down.

She took me to everyone and I met with everyone of his family. Some were really suspicious and I could understand that they were hiding behind a mask . I took blessings from baba sa and no one can ever understand now that he was himself a ruthless ruler then .

But the person I couldn't see from the morning was only him. I asked Sakhi where he was and she told me that he is in the court room doing his duty as the king.

My mother in law asked me whether I can cook or not .Being the queen and in the first day at the palace , I should cook. I addressed her as 'maa sa' and she was really happy to hear that. I told her that I can cook but this kitchen is unfamiliar to me. She told the maids to help me . I cooked with all my courage hoping for a good food as the result. The foods unexpectedly became more tasty that day although I didn't taste yet.

The lunch time came and everyone was sitting to have the food made by me. Many people were waiting in the Darbar to get the food cooked by me. I was confident till then but seeing everyone like that made me a little nervous. I as a new member of the family and the queen served everyone with lots of love. But my hand was trembling when I was serving 'Rajan' and my heart was expecting something in return. I was usually not that kind to expect good words in return but I didn't know that feeling. Everyone praised me for my cooking skills but 'Rajan' didn't say any word. I was a little bit irritated by that. Being a king he should have praised me first. But he didn't utter a word.

At the time of dusk when I was standing in the verandah looking at the sunset he came from behind and gave me a beautiful rose. I was startled and asked why he was giving me rose. He replied with his sweet voice that it was for my great cooking. My heart melted a little bit.

Thank you 'Rajan' , I said.

I wanted to tell the truth that I was forced to marry . I didn't want to marry him. But the girls should accept their fate instead of raising any questions.

Interrupting my thoughts he said ," it is your home , you can go anywhere you want and there is the garden that I love the most , it's a very beautiful place , you can go there anytime you want . Your room is ready and you can shift all your belongings to that room. Today is our first night so you have to sleep in my room. I know you will not feel comfortable that's why I have made this arrangement. If you start to be comfortable arround me then you are always welcome in my room. I also need sometime to understand. So we both should be somewhere patient. And also there should be a rani kaksh . So , personally it's your room. " He said with his soft voice.

I also liked to enjoy freedom and wanted to learn new things . I was really thanked to him that he shared his thoughts freely.

He held my hand and took me to the garden. I was feeling a bit uncomfortable but still I didn't shook off his hand . There was a bow and arrows, I really wanted to learn archery someday , so I ran towards it. He asked me whether I wanted to learn it and I hesitated to reply. He told me to held the bow and the arrow and to point towards the Banyan tree. He slid his hand over my arm and rested his hand over mine. His breath, I could feel it on my neck and his chest touched my back. I couldn't move an inch , I couldn't take breaths but still breathing heavily. He pointed the arrow at the tip of the lower branch and the arrow didn't miss it's goal . I jumped out of excitement but then I realised that I wasn't alone. I apologised to him . He told me not to.

"You should be more free around me. I know, this palace ,all the people and I am new to you . Our marriage didn't happen with your consent and I can understand that. I also couldn't accept the thoughts of your father and behaviour towards you. I thought that you would also be like them ."

I couldn't hold my urge to know from which aspect he is looking my family. I know they are not that much good but what thoughts and behaviour he was talking about?

'What are you talking about?'I asked.

" It's nothing. You shouldn't know now. Atleast not now We should become friends first. What about you? Do you want to become friends with me? "

That was so sudden. His words were so soft and attracting that I couldn't say no. Finally the night came and I was hell nervous. I could hear his footsteps getting near to the room and my heartbeats getting high. He came near the bed and sat beside me.

" Please don't be nervous I am not going to touch you without your consent. You can rest on the right side of the bed and I will take the left. Pillows will serve as the barrier as long as you want. And if you start to be comfortable then you can sleep here every night. Your personal room will be there but others can say something about us . That's why I was just suggesting. " He completed with hope in his eyes.

I thought he didn't care about what others say. Did he really say for others or it was just his wish .

I nodded ." It will take sometime with you 'Rajan' but you are not bad. You are good , polite and friendly. Not like others ."

He just hummed and blew away all the candles and oil lamps . I slept on my side and the left side also got heavier. The thin moonlight was only creating a hope in that silence.But in that dim light of the room the left side of the bed was shining like an only star in the dark night.

~

Hii, third update. Don't miss it. Share your thoughts with me. Take care. Lots of love to my dear readers❤️❤️❤️❤️.