𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

𝗠𝗮𝗸𝗮𝗲𝗱𝗮 𝗝.
𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟰𝘁𝗵 𝟯:𝟯𝟯 𝗽𝗺
𝗔𝘁𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮, 𝗚𝗔
———————————

"That's it! Right there Makaeda!" The photographer praised me as I posed for him. I held a small teddy bear against my bare chest frequently changing my pose as he took picture after picture.

I was currently at my cover photoshoot. It has been almost a week since I've been back from Memphis. Going straight back into work mode when I landed. The label had a plan for me to announce my album and begin the rollout process at the beginning of the upcoming month.  

"And that's a wrap! Thank you Makeada."

The assistant on set brought me a robe to cover up with. Thanking her I clasped my hands together walking up to the photographer who showed me the raw images on his camera. "No, Thank you. These are fire as fuck!" I exclaimed, giving him a side hug before walking off-set towards my dressing room.

"Makaeda! That was great, these pictures are gonna come out so good." Morgan, my 'manager' said as she walked up to me.

Well, I don't know if I would consider her my manager, being that she hasn't managed shit for the last month. I've been doing everything by myself with the help of P and Coach, but it wasn't the same. From Studio Time, Getting Features for my songs, even this photoshoot...I booked everything.

"Mhm. Morgan where the hell you been"

"I've been working out some things for you."

"I get that, but you haven't been to any of the label meetings concerning me. P and Coach were thinking about getting me new management. You can't go ghost like that"

"I know and I'm sorry. This past month has been crazy, but I've been working on a couple of things for you. Trust me it's all gonna work out" I knitted my eyebrows together as I folded my arms against my chest.

"Things like what? Do you even know the plans that they have for me? I literally have my first single dropping at midnight." I explained.

"Yes. I spoke with them this morning. I already went through this with them I don't wanna do it again. I've set up a few interviews for you in LA to promote both the single and the album. We leave in two weeks." She said, typing away on her phone as if it were more important than what we were talking about. I mean it's only my career on the line here, but who gives a fuck right?

"Two weeks? Morgan— You know what I'm just gonna trust you on this. I don't wanna argue." I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Great, because I wasn't gonna argue with you. Go ahead and wrap this up and we'll talk more tomorrow." She finally looked up from her phone, smiling at me. She walked away and made her way out of the room before I could even reply.

I closed my eyes messaging my temples, trying to calm my nerves. If I say what I really wanted to Morgan I'd probably put my hands on this lady.

I was just gonna have to trust, that she knows what she's doing and it's all gonna be for the greater good. I still find it suspicious that she'd been gone for so long without a single peep. I pray she isn't on some weird shit.

Walking into the dressing room, I slipped back on the black bodysuit that I had worn earlier. I checked my phone seeing that I had received text messages from everyone, but the one person who I was looking for; Ja.

I let out a sigh and continued to gather my belongings.

Our schedules hadn't been clashing all week and I hadn't talked to him all day. He had 3 games scheduled this week with practices every day, so I hadn't had much time to talk to him.