t w e l v e

Jake sat alone on the bench, had politely excused himself from his friends, expressing a desire for some time alone. The familiar courtyard, usually a haven for brief escapes from the hustle of the school day, now held an air of contemplation as Jake sought solace in its quiet corners.

As he sat there, observing the subtle dance of leaves stirred by a gentle breeze, the ambient noise of the school courtyard faded into the background. Jake's thoughts swirled with the complexities of recent events - the unraveling of friendship and the unexpected union of Heeseung and and the new girl.

In the midst of his contemplation, the hushed murmur of voices reached his ears. At first, the sounds were distant, like a soft melody blending with the rustling leaves. However, as the voices grew louder, Jake's curiosity was piqued, and he turned to look behind him.

There, a short distance away, stood Heeseung and Winter, engaged in a heated exchange. Their voices rose and fell, carrying the weight of emotions yet to be fully unveiled. Intrigued, Jake leaned back slightly, eavesdropping on a conversation that seemed to be far more than a casual disagreement.

Heeseung's expression was stern, his arms crossed defensively. "Winter, you can't just interfere like this. I won't set you up with Jake, I like him a lot!"

Jake's ears perked up at the mention of his name, a realization dawning upon him. The unexpected twists continued to unfold as Winter's words lingered in the air.

Winter, equally resolute, retorted, "Heeseung, you're playing with fire. You know Jake's feelings, and yet you go around messing with it? It's not fair to him or me as your cousin because you liked him."

As the two continued their heated conversation, Jake grappled with a mix of emotions - surprise, confusion, and a twinge of betrayal. The intricacies of high school relationships had taken an unexpected turn, revealing a web of connections that transcended the surface level of teenage dramas.

Heeseung, caught off guard, countered, "Winter, that is none of your business. Jake suddenly stopped talking to me, and why do you want me to put you on with him?"

Winter's gaze bore into Heeseung with an intensity that hinted at deeper connections. "Heeseung, you're blinded by your own desires. Jake deserves better, and I won't stand by and watch him get hurt."

The revelation hung in the air like a delicate thread, connecting the dots of a story that was unraveling before Jake's eyes. Winter continued, her voice revealing a layer of complexity that went beyond the surface.

"You think you can just play with Jake's heart and move on? Heeseung, you need to face the consequences of your actions. Jake doesn't deserve to be treated like a pawn in your games."

As the conversation between Heeseung and Winter reached a crescendo, Jake remained hidden, a silent observer to a revelation that had altered the course of his high school narrative. The courtyard, once a refuge for solitude, now held the echoes of a family secret laid bare and friendships tested by the uncharted territories of emotions.

-

The revelation hung in the air like a thick fog, casting an unexpected haze over the intricate web of relationships. Winter, correcting the misunderstood narrative, clarified, "Heeseung and I are cousins, not dating."

Catching everyone around attention, the courtyard, once a witness to the unfolding drama, now held a different kind of tension - the tension of a misheard truth, a narrative unraveling in the face of newfound clarity. Jake, hidden in the shadows, felt a strange mixture of relief and confusion.

Heeseung, still processing the twist of fate, rubbed his temples as if trying to dispel a persistent headache. "But... how did this misunderstanding even happen?"

Playful Triumph (heejake)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara