o n e

The early morning sunlight painted the school courtyard with a gentle warmth as Jake swaggered through the entrance, backpack slung over his shoulder in a way that perfectly captured his nonchalant attitude. His dark hair tousled just enough to look effortlessly cool, Jake's eyes scanned the familiar landscape until they settled on the trio that made up his closest allies-Jungwon, Niki, and Sunoo. They stood near the main building, engaged in animated conversation.

"Yo, squad!" Jake called out, offering a lazy salute as he approached. His friends turned toward him, each wearing their own unique expressions.

Jungwon, the group's level-headed leader, raised an eyebrow at Jake's unusually timely entrance. "Well, well, if it isn't our resident rebel gracing us with his presence. Did you lose track of time or actually set an alarm today?"

Jake smirked, "Maybe I just wanted to keep you all on your toes. The world needs a little unpredictability, you know?"

Niki, the perpetual joker, couldn't resist taking a jab. "Hold up, is this the apocalypse? Jake's on time. Someone check the weather forecast for falling pigs."

Jake playfully rolled his eyes, "You guys act like I'm never punctual. I'm just fashionably late most of the time."

As they strolled towards the lockers, Niki teased further, "Seriously, did you discover a time portal or something? We need to patent that."

Sunoo, with his bright and bubbly personality that made him one of the school's most popular, chimed in, "Maybe Jake found a secret shortcut to punctuality. Share the wisdom, oh timely one!"

Jake chuckled, "A magician never reveals his secrets. Keeps the audience guessing."

-

As they made their way to the cafeteria, still immersed in animated conversation, Jake couldn't help but notice the subtle dynamics around Jungwon. Jay, the popular kid with the undisclosed crush, lingered nearby, stealing glances that went unnoticed by the oblivious Jungwon.

Niki, ever the observer, nudged Jake with a sly grin. "Hey, Jake, have you noticed Jay's top-secret mission? The guy practically has a neon sign that says 'I have a crush on Jungwon' over his head."

Jake smirked, "Maybe he's just really into student council affairs."

Niki laughed, "Student council or not, Jungwon's got an admirer, and he's blissfully oblivious."

Sunoo chimed in, "You think we should play matchmaker?"

Jake raised an eyebrow, his playful side emerging. "Why not? Let's give Jungwon a gentle push into the world of romance."

As they approached the cafeteria, the conversation shifted to more light-hearted topics-school events, upcoming exams, and the latest viral trends. The group navigated the crowded lunch area, securing their usual spot. Niki, with his magnetic personality, drew in additional friends, turning their gathering into a small social event.

Amid the laughter and shared anecdotes, Jay managed to join the circle, the crush still evident in the way he looked at Jungwon. The latter remained blissfully unaware, engrossed in a discussion about the upcoming school dance.

With a mischievous glint in his eye, Niki decided to escalate the situation. "So, Jungwon, any special plans for the dance? Perhaps a mysterious admirer waiting to sweep you off your feet?"

Jungwon chuckled, "I think my feet are safe from any sudden sweeps. Just planning to enjoy the night with friends."

Niki exchanged a conspiratorial glance with Jake, who couldn't resist adding, "You never know, Jungwon. Sometimes, the mysterious admirer is closer than you think."