The first Attack

It's getting dark. I patrol next to Helsinki while Nairobi and Oslo patrol on the other side. The hostages still have their masks on and are currently sitting on the floor in front of the staircase. I don't know where Berlin, Tokyo, and Rio are, but I assume that the professor had to take some measures due to unexpected events *cough* Tokyo *cough*. It's quiet, which I enjoy. Such moments are going to be rare during the heist. I quietly walk next to Helsinki, not knowing how to feel. I like him; he is like a huge teddy bear inside the body of a giant. But even though I like him, I don't know how he feels about me. He seems quite unpredictable, and I don't want to be on his bad side, so I try to be as agreeable as possible. Unfortunately, I am not able to walk in a straight line and bump right into him. I smile at him apologetically and keep going, but he holds me back by my arm. With his Serbian accent, it's often amusing to talk to him, and it makes him even more likable when he decides to be friendly. "You don't need to be so jumpy. We're a team, and I like you. After all, you and Nairobi are not clueless, and both of you are pleasant to be around. We're friends, so please behave like one." I smile at him and squeeze his hand before turning around to continue our patrol. In this moment, Rio departs the staircase and takes the little lamb with him. "Let's go."

The robbers sit around the table in the living room, drinking beer and chatting among themselves. "What if things go wrong? What happens then?" Rio asks no one in particular.

"Well, darling, the usual: back to prison—" Nairobi starts but is interrupted by the long-haired brunette next to her. "Cigarettes in the yard, four pieces of shrimp on Christmas—" By now, everyone listens to their conversation.

"Conjugal visits, sometimes," Nairobi finishes her best friend's sentence. Venice and she clink their cigarettes together as if to toast. "It's worse if it goes well. What do we do with so much dough?" Tokyo joins the conversation.

"I'll buy a Maserati, the color of the clear blue sky. And a martial arts studio. Maybe I'll hire Venice as a teacher. HAHAHA," Denver continues, with his crazy laugh following.

"Why not," Venice answers. "And a nightclub. With three floors, you know? And huge loudspeakers that make your ears bleed... Boom ba bolinga boom." Denver starts dancing. Berlin stands by the window, smiling while listening to their dreams. "And new lungs for you, 'cause you messed yours up in the mine." He turns to his father. Venice, Nairobi, and Tokyo smile about his care for his father.

"You're going to spend your money on a pair of lungs?" Moscow questions him.

"For you, Papa."

"And where the hell will you find a new pair of lungs?" Tokyo questions.

"Some people sell their kidneys. There must be people who sell lungs." Everyone laughs, even the Professor.

"I want a winery in Provence. With a 200-acre vineyard to cultivate my wine with some oak barrels..." Berlin explains.

"But, man, you can go to any supermarket and buy any bottle you want. Why do you want a winery?" Rio tries to understand. Berlin stands in front of him with a light smile on his face and a glass of wine in his hands. "For the art."

"Well, I will buy an island," Tokyo mentions.

"I want one too," Rio agrees, earning a questioning gaze from his sister.

"Why not three," Denver negotiates.

"Three's a crowd," Tokyo denies.

"An archipelago," Nairobi says.