chapter 10

Marcus's POV

I was still drowning in my despair when an attack happened.

The rogues were almost past the border and they were putting up quite a fight .

When I got there, there was an already made blood scene waiting.

Many of their had been injured but they were still at it . I changed and ran to the fight, smacking the weaker ones with my paws. I was aiming for the brownish wolf. He was the biggest and was taking out quite a number of our men.

He was on a fight as I approached him and with that added advantage, I clawed at his side with force. His focus quickly lapped with mine and he ran to attack me. Jumping high, he rammed his head on my sides sending me flying away .

When I fell, he ran to my side and pawed me away with intensity.
I slid and hit my back at the bark of a tree and nearly whimpered.
Every thing was hazy and I saw an approaching shadow come my way.

He paused his claw, it's aim at my neck when I kicked it with my hind leg, merely shoving him away.
I pulled my self up and  used my teeth to throw his legs and slam him into a tree..

With fury he ran and raised his claw once again to which I left dodged and hit him with my legs once more, with more strength this time

He went flying into the tree and I pounced on him.
He tried to prance back up, hit me with his paws as he was down and I was on top of him but I pushed down with more force and tore our his neck with my teeth.

When I was changed I looked around, all the rogues were dead and sadly a few of our men did too.
I met my father's gaze and he turned back at me,with a nod and turned back to the beta told him to organize the clear up the mess.

"Willow, I want you to organize the training of our guards, from what I've seen today, there needs to be some improvement, shouldn't you have noticed that sooner  "

"Yes Alpha, I have noticed , but I have been busy with duties of my own and I will see to it right away"

"Good, there should not be a repetition of today's event. The rogues cannot pass our borders or defenses."

"Yes Alpha, I'll take my leave now. "

When he finished speaking to the beta, he came towards me, pat my shoulders and smiled a little

"Marcus, I'm very proud of you, to be able to take down that wolf he was the leader of the rogues, their own Alpha and you took care of him"

"Thank you dad, I was only able to because of you  , although I will need some more training. I was at a very disadvantaged spot right there"

"Indeed, but before that, I would like you lead the scouts this time, so you can cover more ground. These rogues attacks are becoming very severe and this event shall not be accommodated in my pack."

"Okay Father,."He pats my shoulder and nods his head with sorrow and pain

"Very well then, I'll organize the funerals of our lost men, we lost some very good ones too "

I nodded and he left.

**********

During the scouts, we broke into three groups to cover more grounds. We passed a lane of broken twigs and branches.

While passing there, we came upon a gross algaecide mud pool.
It smelt so bad but on the grass shored, a syringe laid on the grass.

I took a sniff and backed away immediately.
That was liquid silver.

But why would liquid silver be out in the open considering it's level of danger to us werewolves.

I turned around to search other areas, and ran in the opposite direction leaving behind my teammates. I somehow happened
to be standing at the foot of the bordering mountains at the west route.

I saw a hole behind the rocks and and peered through.
I heard a whirling sound and reached inside stretching my hand beyond it's point. I tugged at a sharp point and pulled.

The object was pretty big and took me some time to bring in sight thanks to the hole.

I got up and pushed the blocking stone with all my might and strength, groaning through the process and it moved just enough to let a single wolf pass through.

I changed to passed through and entered the cave, to take a good look at the object. It was like a machine with a tank side and a big fan blowing out air.

Inside the tank was some runebloom oil . This stuff was used to mask scents.

I turned to the side of the machine and flicked a switch and the machine was off.

It took some time before I could take a smell of the air and was hit by the number of scents that filled my nose.

Wolves!!

I took turns following the scents and found an opening. I passed through to meet a bunch of tents and wolves,.lots of wolves almost big enough to outnumber our pack. Almost!!

I saw fire, one of the tents caught  on fire and the wolves were scampering to put it out.

A male came out of the tents carrying a girl over his shoulder on his left .
Immediately I knew.

My mate!!.

So this was where she was. Seeing her with another male, I barred my teeth and growled. I wanted to shred that wolf to pieces. But I knew that if I ran down there, I would just be writing my very own death sentence.

I dragged myself from they got my scent and went back to the machine.
I put it on and left to my pack.
The fury in me pushed me and I ran and ran very very fast.
My mate....

When I got home, I told father.
"Father" I greeted him

"Marcus where were you, I assigned you to watch over the scouts so they do their jobs well. What's this I'm hearing about you leaving your scout members?"he growled at me

"Father, I found a secret base of the rogues " I said in a whisper.
His Alpha pull had already subdued my wolf. So I hung my head low

Immediately he stopped growling and softened up
But with crossed arms, he asked
"Okay, where??"

"Up west route of the borders Mountains. A hidden cave is the pathway. "

"I'll dispatch a group to check it out "

"They have masks that masks their scents off so it wouldn't be easily noticeable. I request permission to lead the attacking team"

"Okay, you'll leave in a week "

"Ohhhh and father, they are very large in numbers almost the number of our pack. We best be very prepared "

"I'll leave you to that,dont disappoint me son"

"I won't" I turned to leave and went to my room and locked it.

My thoughts went back to her.
I sighed and fell to the bed.
Mate......my mate. Ohh she's still as beautiful as ever.....I'll never let any other get her....

She's mine.