Chapter 2

I took a cup of soft drink from the buffet table.
The declaration ceremony was being held in the pack house.
   The alpha decided to let us off that evening, so we attended the ceremony as regular members.

I took my drink and sat at a far of corner of the room and just observed the celebration before me.

I took a sip and was suddenly hit with a strong scent, stronger than any I smelt before me. It was like the scent was calling me. My heart beat increased and thumped through my chest audibly.

My skin tingled and my breathe faltered. When he turned to meet my gaze, my heart skipped a beat. I took in a very deep breath and held it in. The vision around me fazed and left me in my own little world with him.

Mia squealed in contentment and cheered in sheer joy.
He had hazel brown eyes, a very well sculpted face and a fit body adorned with muscles along his triceps and biceps.

His hair was chocolate brown, a deeper brown than his eyes.

I took in all these details of him from just a look. Dang!!,this bond was strong.

His eyes held some sort of emotion I had to blink twice to be sure of what I was seeing.

He seemed irritated and frustrated.

Wait a minute, was he irritated by my appearance?!!.

I was out of my daze now and was still confused by his expression when mia, took over and said

"mate"

Of course it had to be the alpha to be.
He stood up from his seat,the celebration had already started so not too much eyes were on him.

He came and pulled me by my arm, out of the room that housed the party and a pathway in the halls.

He fisted his palms and punched the wall.

"what are you doing ?"

"excuse me?!!" I was confused

" why would you....... would I be your mate??" he gritted, forcing the words through his teeth

"you think I chose this, you think I want this" ,

I was totally surprised by his question,
Did he really think I chose this, when I already had a plan in place after this night, was he really this stupid?
.
"you think I want to be..... God!!
are you really this stupid"

I had to voice my thoughts, despite those tingles filling my body with weeded sensational feelings. It was mainly torture just to say those words.

"Yes, so you could leach of my position
Well, you'll be a fool to think that I would actually want you or even consider marking you"

He said all this freely , anger evident in his eyes.

"and if you think I'd let those darn fang of yours graze near my  skin, then you're a bigger fool than I am"

I fought the tears that threatened to fall through my eyes.
Was he not feeling the mate bond?.

"Like i'd even dream of it, I've got a mate already Gina, and l'm gonna mark her tonight. So don't even think-"

I had to end this chat, I couldn't hold back the tears much longer

"don't worry Marcus, i loathe you enough to see through your disguise, a dainty, idiotic, self absorbed jerk, and I'll rather die than be acquainted to you any day" I rudely interrupted him.

Mia was whimpering from the back of my mind . She was denying every single word he said.

"Like wise,
I, Marcus Roberts, soon to be Alpha of the-" he was going to say it.

The nightmare of every mate. I couldn't let him have his way. He would be happy that he had ripped off his Leaching mate. He didn't need us anyway.  I needed to show him, I didn't need him anyway either.

"I accept your rejection Marcus Roberts, there's no need to be formal."
I  tore a smile through my face, I couldn't, .... wouldn't let him get his way.

"and no worries, I won't tell anyone that you're my mate, it'll be rather burdening on my part."

I walked away from there, as fast I could. When I was out of the clear , away from the pack house, my dams broke.

I laid on the grass and cried. I broke down for once. I cried and cried clutching my chest. This feeling was stronger than any I had felt before.
My heart stang and ached mercilessly.

This feeling was exhilarating and exhausting. My head throbbed and I heaved and heaved.

This feeling, this was pain.
A pain I only felt from my parents.
I wish they could have been here now.

I'd reconsidered running away for a second, maybe, I'd finally found someone who'd care for me.
Love me for me, make me feel worth it, welcome me into his life. shower me with affection.

Maybe I've finally have something, someone who would hold me back from running. My very own mate. My second half.

But I was very wrong. He had refused my love without even considering it, considering my wolf, considering my feelings and it's effect on me.

But he rejected me without even batting an eyelid. And it had to hurt this much.

Was I that unlovable.

Mia was howling in pain. This rejection hurt her far more than I could imagine.
The bonds were attached between both wolves anyway.

Let's go back, he didn't mean it, I can feel it.
Come on!

I felt so sorry for mia, for me. This rejection had hurt us way more than we could ever imagine.

He rejected us mia, he called us a leach , he has another Luna in mind.
He's gonna mark her tonight. There's nothing, even you can do .
I'm sorry.

I'd have to tell her there was no way, he could be our mate once he had marked her. And that was tonight.

My chest was so pain it felt like it was squeezed dry. Why does it have to be this painful?
Why does it have to be so hard?
Why did I have to go through this ?
Why? Wh-

I gasped, clutching my chest even harder this time. The pain had intensified. My heart beat rate was leveling and banging through my chest with each beat. My breath was hitched and came out in deeper heaves. My skin tickled then started to burn like it was absorbing an acid if some sort. This pain was far much worse that before.
I felt myself weaken and wobble.
Black spots danced around my eyes as I struggled to keep my wake from this excruciating pain.

I widened my eyes as realization dawned on me. He had marked her. He really did it!!.
I was officially mateless.
The mate bond meant nothing to him. I was nothing to him.
His soulmate. His very own mate.

I growled and yelped in anger. Howling through the forest.
I had to fight this pain. I would leave tonight . I wouldn't just breakdown for somekind of love that wasn't meant to happen anyways. I struggled to get up.

My chest burned and pounded with every step I made.
We were furious, he didn't even reconsider, that jerk really is self absorbed.

Every step I took became a tad bit easier with the next. This was it, he called me a leach, I'd make sure that he'd be the one to beg from me next. I was blazing now and mia was fighting to be  in control. And I gave it to her .

Under the moonlight, I stripped behind a tree and shifted.
Then we ran, the forest breeze calming me, we ran taking familiar paths through the forest. The anger we carried channelled us to a much faster pace. Faster than a regular wolf could.

We ended up at the trunk of a familiar tree. There, a few of my belongings laid, prepared from the previous night.

We carried it with our teeth, and began running deeper and deeper into the forest, away from the pack.

I had gone rogue.