Chapter 32

Days passed, seasons passed but still there was no sign of Damian.

Katherine sat at the window of her room staring at the letter in her hand, it was from Damian.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lady Katherine,

I am really sorry to be late but I am stuck here, that day when I was to return, we found something weird and investigated it.

We have found something that might be unbelievable but true. I was on my way back when we were ambushed by demons, many of us killed and many severely injured which includes me.

Till the time you have got this letter it would have been several days, after recovering we have been trying to sneak out of the kingdom many times but the efforts have been futile.

Now even I am struggling with how to get out but don't worry I will be there next month at last with some big news on my hands.

Bestfriend
Damian.

~~~~~~~~~~

Katherine was thinking about something when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in" she said.

Anne opened the door and came in.

"Miss it's time for lunch" Anne informed.

Katherine nodded at her and stood up. She put the letter back in the envelope and then in her personal space.

After straightening her dress Katherine went out of the room towards the cafeteria. 

The day was pleasant and sunny but her mood surely was not. She doesn't know what Damian found out but she has found something too.

Her mind was on the letter she received in the morning, a challenge letter to be precise.

________________

The cafeteria was noisy as always, filled with the clatter of dishes and students chatting with each other.

At the seat in a corner beside the window sat a group of people, most of them glaring  at each other for many different reasons.

Katherine was just sitting and sipping her soup slowly, her mind in a turmoil over many different things.

Xander has far noticed something wrong and was silently staring at her trying to figure out what was making her so disturbed.

Inside he was ready to slit the throat of anyone who made her upset.

The others also seemed to notice the awkward atmosphere and looked at her then at each other with the looks asking what was wrong.

Well, no one has the answer to this.

Lucas coughed to ease the silence and asked "Katherine I saw that you are entering the hunt taking place in a few days".

Hearing his words Katherine looked up and nodded.

"So what are you going to fight with? You should know that no magic is allowed and also no magical weapons" Xander asked somewhat teasing her.

It was no secret that with her strength she can't use weapons, even though it has been many years but she is still as weak as she was before.

"Bow" she answered monotonously.