Chapter 35: Broken Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{BROKEN HEART}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

"You." Leon pointed at me, "Train like usual." he commanded. "Put more force in your attacks. You'll be fighting to kill not to caress your enemy."

"Willing to be my punching bag? Maybe then I can really show you my killer moves." I smiled innocently at him as I strangled him in my thoughts.

Reece snickered but then quickly covered his mouth when Leon gave a look at him.

"Why not use your hands and legs instead of that mouth of yours? Maybe then you can actually defend yourself." He retorted back.

My smile faltered.

"And as for you-" He ignored me and my glare to talk to the hunal.

"Tell me- how do you actually turn into an animal of your choice? What do you do?"

"Oh! I just think about that animal. An image pops up in my mind and I begin to imagine myself like that animal and it happens!" Reece shared proudly.

"And nothing happens when you think about a lion?" Leon asked.

The boy frowned and shook his head.

"Strange. What about other animals of the cat family?"

"I... Never tried any other animal of the cat family except a cat and a lion.."

"Did you turn into the cat?"

Reece nodded excitedly. "Yes! See!" And his body started to shrink in size as he was slowly getting covered in black fur. Cat ears materialised on top of his head along with whiskers on his face. Simultaneously, his fingers transformed to form claws with pointed nails just as a fluffy tail flowed behind him elegantly.

"Meow." He giggled, trying to jump up on Leon who easily dodged his advance.

"Alright. Turn back." The Beast said.

Leon decided to check up to see what I was doing and scowled when he saw me just standing there, staring at the two of them dumbly.

"What did I tell you to do?!" He growled.

"Yeah yeah. I know..." I turned my back at him before walking a distance away from them so that I don't get distracted again and began to do what he told me to.

I quickly snapped my head to the left when I felt a foreign presence just as my body went into alert mode. I thought that I felt a movement of someone in the bushes. But when my eyes tried to follow the silhouette, nothing was there.

Behind me, I saw Leon and Reece conversing. It didn't seem like they noticed anything strange.

I tried peeking through the bushes again but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Am I getting paranoid?

Or was there actually someone watching us?

***

Reece was trying hard. He didn't understand his strange inability of turning into his now favourite animal. As per Leon's instructions, he was turning into other wild cats one by one.

And each time, he succeeded.

A tiger, a jaguar, a cheetah or any other of the kind. He turned into them just fine.

So why was it that he was unable to transform himself into a lion?

Neither him nor Leon had the answer.