THIRTY-EIGHT

You can let yourself goBut you can't get away from meTaemin - Move

But you can't get away from me
Taemin - Move

WOO-JIN

She smiled.

They were eating. I knew Ae-ra cooked something because the house smelled amazing. Jun-ah sat beside her, tugging the chopsticks under his lip so he would seem like a walrus. And she smiled.

She laughed.
Ae-ra rolled her eyes with a smile.

Right as we entered, one look at Minji and Jun-ah stopped, took the chopsticks out, and cleared his throat.
Her gaze found me and her smile faltered and her shoulders relaxed.

Minho walked straight to his fiancée, bending down and placing a kiss on her lips. She was uncomfortable in some aspects but knowing Minho, I knew she was just a new shiny toy until they got married. And I already felt bad.

Ae-ra always had a crush on him and she was always intimidated by him. She was the kind of woman who wore her heart on a chain. Everything was sunshine and rainbows to her. The only woman I know who never had proper mafia training because she refused violence and gore. She can work a gun, sure, but I bet it's been years since she's been to a gun range to keep up the practice.

While her big sister was off being an assassin for their father, Ae-ra designed clothes. Had a little boutique in Gangnam where she sew and sold her one-of-a-kind designs. They always sell in 10 minutes as soon as she puts them up online or on the mannequin. 

I sometimes wish I had that choice. Or Minho. Or Hajun.

Her eyes go to my right hand that Minji bounded in bandages because of the busted knuckles, the blood seeping through slightly and her shoulders tense again.

Ae-ra was kind enough to make enough food for us. I nudged Jun-ah on his shoulder, a silent say to move the fuck over but he stays planted and whined, "You have other seats!" That other seat was beside Minji and I needed Daisy close to me or I would lose it. I got gazes on me but instead of making a huge fuss like him, I sat opposite. Giving him a glare of death but he does everything to ignore. I'll get him back for that.

I pick up the chopsticks, hissing slightly at the sting and her bottom lip goes between her teeth. She nibbles on it while her eyes stay on my hand through our dinner.

Not just through dinner but even through our little whiskey session after dinner.
She sat on the couch and I opted to sit on the floor right in front of her. Her hands are on my shoulder, gently messaging with ease. Courtesy of Minji glaring daggers at her and my Daisy is a feisty thing for payback.

Jun-ah was drunk out of his mind. He hugged the whiskey bottle to his chest and raised it to stand in front of us, staggering slightly. "I just want to say one thing." He hiccuped and chuckled. "I love you guys. You're the best. You're my family. Except for Minji, you're mean as fuck." Minho seemed to chuckle and Ae-ra hides a smile behind her hand so Minji won't go ballistic on her ass.
Then he looks at Daisy and raises his bottle at her, "Because of you, I can tick off threesome from my list. I've had the time of my life with those girls and they know how to share and they're ready to do it again if I'm up for it." His cheeks go red and I rest the back of my head in her lap to look at her, "You helped him with that?" Before she can even answer, Jun-ah is the first one to say, "She's such a badass!"