FIFTEEN

WOO-JIN

WOO-JIN

This is where the shitty part comes in. I have to make a deal with Zane Black for her freedom. It's not like the deal isn't the easy part, Zane Black is a prideful man, and what happened last time— I doubt he would even listen to me, let alone let me buy her from him.

What did I get myself into? I thought I was being smart keeping the kid and marrying his sister but turns out, I was conned. She is unbearable. She's annoying. She is messy.

And she's currently eating a chocolate muffin on the white cashmere couch, with a glass of raspberry juice. She makes a sound whenever she drops a chocolate chip on her shirt and casually picks it up, eats it, and then another piece drops but on her lap this time. She curses, "Fuck," and eats that piece too.

With a shake of my head, I take a box from my pocket and throw it at her side. She looks up and then down at the red box, her brows pinching, "What's that?" I reply, "Your wedding ring. You know, the one you should be wearing as per the contract." She rolled her eyes and opened the box, her eyes widening at the little diamond, and then gasped, taking the diamond out and putting it directly on her finger, looking at it from every angle. "Is that a real diamond?" I shake my head, "You think I would give you a real diamond?" And that pops her bubble. She turns back to look at me with a scowl, "Got it off Amazon. Looks real, doesn't it?" She scoffs as if I offended her in some way.

When she's about to take the ring off, I don't let her, "Don't. You need to keep it on for the day." Now, she's curious, "Why?"

"We're going out." I lean with my arms on the back of the couch, away from the cranberry juice stain, "We're going to buy you from Zane Black today. Make yourself pretty." She stands up suddenly, and makes her way to me, "Buy me?!" I straighten up too and look down at her, "I don't think I was speaking Korean when I said that, did I?"

"What the fuck do you mean buy me?"

"Relax, rainbow-mouth, I don't like that idea either. Your brother came up with that." My gaze flickers down to her clenched fist, "You wanna punch someone, I can get your brother here in like seven hours." She nibbles her bottom lip, something she tends to do trying to keep her anger in for a moment. Only for a moment. "We don't need to go there."

"We do. Zane Black likes to stay in his lane. He protects that lane with his life, guns, and knives. We need to go by his book if we want to go out without fearing one of his guys might be in the shadows waiting for us. He's pissed at you for the last time." I smile, "You ran." She points at me, "I didn't run! You pulled me out of there."

"For your own good."

"Oh, please, we both know it was the leverage my brother had against you."

"Should I throw you back in that club and pretend to your brother that you're with me? My life would certainly become easier."