THIRTY

WOO-JIN

WOO-JIN

She's perfect in my arms. Petite. Comforting. I like the weight of her leg on me, puts me right into sleep and steals me away from the worry going in my head.

I hated stepping into that house. I hated being back where I grew up. I hated when Mr Park came to receive us at the airport and I hated even more when I was closed inside that car while we drove to my mother's.
My mother hated it when I was taking care of Daisy. She glanced at my hand holding onto hers and she hated it. The way she called my wife a whore made spikes gutting me through the length of my body in anger. I hated that.
And Minho's stare that went down her body- I wanted to punch him badly. Daisy is someone that will make your heads turn when she enters the room, she's that gorgeous, but fuck, I was possessive the whole time.

She shifted in my arms, I hadn't gotten enough sleep but holding her did calm me out of my thoughts.
Before she woke up and found us like this, I got up and went straight into the heated shower.
Then I changed into a pair of jeans and a long-sleeved shirt.
I head downstairs to get started on breakfast for her and me, knowing well everything was stocked with groceries in the kitchen, my phone rings.

"Ah, hyung. How was your first night back home?"

"Is there a reason why you're calling me?"

"Eomma wants to have breakfast together. Your girl is invited too."

"Tell eomma I appreciate it but we'll pass."

"She wants to formally meet her."

"She met her yesterday."

There's a pause... a long pause that got on my nerves until he said, "Come on, hyung. Why are you trying to get on Eomma's bad side? Better to follow her rules rather than give her a reason to come after her. You know she's possessive about her boys."

He was right. My mother is unhinged.

"What time?"

"Eleven. Sharp. Mr. Park will come pick you up."

I don't hang up. My phone pings with the text and grumbles. Closing my eyes to calm myself down. "You okay?" I hear her voice and turn around to find her in her sleepy state. Her hair was wild and her lips and eyes were puffy that almost made me laugh. "You got something nice and casual to wear?" She blinks and yawns, rubbing her eyes. "With the million clothes you bought me, I think I can find something to wear. Why?" I sigh and nod, "Good. My mother wants to meet us for breakfast."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

Mr Park came right on time to pick us up.

Daisy looked beautiful. She wore light blue jeans with a matcha-colored sweater. She left her hair open in her natural waves that I've come to adore and left her face bare of any makeup.