THIRTY-TWO

My time and tempo right nowStray kids - Tortorise and hare

Stray kids - Tortorise and hare

WOO-JIN

It's too dark.

I'm standing outside in the dark corridor, the door in front of me ajar as I gently peek through. The room inside is dark. Thunder rang and rain poured violently outside.
When light from the thunder brightened the room, I saw her holding a katana from her collection on the wall. Blood dripped down from the middle of the blade to the slanted tip, dripping right into the clean dark floors.

She cut his head off. She heaved at the energy she just used to wield it.
Thunder strikes again and on the floor, I saw his head, his eyes wide eyes staring into mine. A face frozen in time while blood oozed from down the open neck.

I almost gagged.
I almost made a sound.
I almost got caught.

I woke up with a gasp. Covered in sweat. I could feel it drip down the nape of my neck and make a straight line along my spine.

Heavy rain poured outside. Violently. And as I looked down, there she was. Sound asleep in my arms. Her breathing was soft against the skin of my neck. Her beautiful face looked calm and serene. Gently, I pushed a strand of her hair away from her face and I couldn't help myself but kiss below her bottom lip, right at the dip. For some reason, that spot always tasted so sweet. I kissed that spot again because of greed and she stirred, gently, and snuggled in even closer, taking a deep breath and letting it out with a soft dreamy hum.

She is beautiful. So perfect and mine.

Am I allowed to be greedy with her?
Am I allowed to be obsessive and possessive?
Am I allowed to fall in love?

I wake up again with the sun shining through the windows. I let out a groan as my body felt heavy with less amount of sleep.
I stir to pull her close but I don't feel her weight, just her pillow.
I open my eyes and she isn't there. Her side of the bed is cold and there is no sound of the shower running. No sound at all. I peek and her phone isn't there. I lift my head to look at the closet and she isn't there either.

Something felt wrong.

"Daisy?" No answer. I walk out of the room and down the stairs to the smell of coffee.

She hates coffee.

"Sweetheart?"

As soon as I took the last step, I saw why it was all quiet. She sat on the corner of the couch, in her little shorts and my baggy t-shirt, and right behind the island was Minho. Pouring himself a cup of coffee. But we weren't the only ones. His men were here. Standing at the front door. Two of them. The tall and heavily tattooed one eyes my wife's legs.