Reminiscing Memories

It's been two months since Zeeshan and Sehrish left the world. But it seems that Hoor ul Ain's sorrowful life has come to a complete halt. Her white face like a thin white sheet has become frozen with a permanent silence.

In her big brownish eyes, a strange pain and agony have taken their permanent residence. She was already not that talkative but now it seems that she has become dumb and deaf.

On her brother and Bhabi's death, she cried like a maniac that strong-hearted man, Shanzal Ali Shah, finds it difficult to control her and himself.

For the last two months, both were unaware of each other know-how. On the other side, he spend the whole day outside of the house and used to come back late at night. In his home, he shut his door from inside and took the Sehrish photo to his chest, and cry like a maniac child.

Over these last two months, his health has deteriorated very badly. In that circumstances, it is only Zoya Khan's unconditional support that she is fulfilling with her utmost sincerity.

On that day, he was sitting on his abandoned lawn looking thirstily at the ruined flowers. A sob escaped from his mouth as he gazed at the condition of the flowers that instantly reminded him of the memory of Sehrish.

When Hoor ul Ain, who was passing him nearby didn't stop herself from saying sarcastically.

"Now to whom you are showing these pretentious tears, Mr. Shanzal Ali Shah you are the one who is responsible for the death of your sister and my brother, neither you will let Faisal embrace death nor they will have to come to Pakistan in emergency despite in wrong weather conditions, and nor they will die like that, maybe this is what called retribution, see collecting grief and miseries for me now you himself caught in sorrows."

Dressed in a simple white cotton dress she was speaking to him that filled his ears like venom words. Then, in an instant, he becomes emotional and shouted at her.

"Enough..... don't you utter another a single word, Hoor ul Ain, otherwise I will lose my patience."

In extreme exasperation, his brownish eyes turn red. But Hoor ul Ain didn't bother a bit by his demeanor and said in the same tone.

"Truth is always bitter, but one must have to swallow it, Mr...... now you will come to know when your heart is burdened with pain then how tough it is to live your life by dragging it."

After getting done with her saying, she didn't stop here. In fact, taking brisk steps she went outside of the gate.

At that moment, gorgeous Zoya Khan came out of her marvelous car and went towards the Shah Palace. As her eyes spotted Hoor ul Ain she with her utmost sincerity said Salam to her. But Hoor ul Ain, selfishly, turned her face to the other side and went ahead fastly.

As Zoya enters the lawn, she finds Shanzal sitting on the floor crying drastically. Zoya never saw him turning that weak and broken before. He is a man who can face any tragedy of life like a brave man, no matter how big it is.

But now coming to this stage he lost his courage. Only then when in extreme yearning she came to him in running.

"Shanzal..... Shanzal are you ok......?"

As she asked him putting her cold hand on his strong shoulder, he further becomes scattered.

"Zoya...... Zoya why I don't die, she is telling me that I am responsible for the death of my sister, I am responsible for her miserabilities, if that is so then why am I alive? Why death doesn't come to me, Zoya......?"

On Shanzal Ali Shah that words, Zoya Khan felt like her heart is cutting. When she wiped out his scattered tears with her hands and said.

"Hoor ul Ain has lost her senses in the grief that has hit her deeply, Shan she can't discriminate between what is good and bad, you hold yourself together please, I can't look at you seeing in this condition."

Wiping out the scattered tears of Shanzal she, in the end, started crying. Then, unwillingly, he has to control himself together.

"Zoya..... Sehrish used to really love these flowers, every day she used to water them with her hands, and when a new blossom appeared on any stem, or a flower started blooming, she, in extreme delightfulness, ran to me, she forcefully pull me out of my room to the lawn here, if I was in office then she used to call me in an emergency to make me come here, she wasn't at peace until and unless she didn't show me all this, after the demise of mama I was the one who took a great care of her, but...... but now see Zoya, she isn't here today then these beautiful flowers and plants planted by her also become dead by themselves, why no one gives attention to it Zoya, please tell her to come back, make her come back Zoya, tell her to come here and take care of her flowers and plants by herself, tell her Zoya, that from last two months not a single flower has blossomed on these stems, please tell her Zoya, please......"

Now he lost an ounce of his patience that was left and he put his face on the hands of Zoya Khan. When then Zoya Khan like her precious being collected him in his embrace and said in a teary voice.

"You himself forbade everyone that no one will come here to take care of the plants without your permission, after Sehrish you are the one who is taking care of these plants Shanzal, then why you are complaining about someone else negligence...... let's start our work today, again we will give life to these flowers and plants planted by Sehrish, we will not let them complain by themselves Shan, please show some courage, we again will make this lawn colorful like before."

Zoya Khan's words always affect his weak nerves like a consoling sound. In her closeness, he always recollects and holds himself together. It also happened now.

Wholeheartedly, he started working with Zoya Khan to clean the mess of the flowers and organize it neatly. In his tiresome journey of life, he just needed a life partner who can wipe out the agony of his heart and fill his life with an everlasting smile on his lips.

So she can fill all his torment and pain with the existence of herself and let him out of all his worries and sufferings. And, undoubtedly, with God's blessings, he got the same life partner in the form of Zoya Khan.